Carnival miracle

biebz

We are torn between the Miracle and the NCL Gem. What is everyone's opinion of the Miracle? What kind of activities are on the ship with 4 days at sea, how are the shows, are the pools nice and is there an adult pool and what can we do in Grand Turk? Any info would be appreciated, I would love to hear about your trip to help us decide. Thank you.

We have been on the Miracle 3x and have a 4th set for Sept.

That one came down between these two ships and the Miracle gave us a balcony and 8 days compared to inside and 7.

Would suggest you read a bunch of reviews on both ships.

Grand Turk has nice beach and great Margaritaville.

The Miracle is a great ship...we are sailing her for a repeat of our May cruise last year because we enjoyed it so much. The staff was wonderful, food was very good. They have plenty of activities throughout the day...we brought 7 first time cruisers with us last year and they all found things to do on the sea days. Miracle has 3 pools so it spreads the people out nicely. The aft pool and hot tub are adult only.

Half Moon Cay is a beautiful private island and they do a barbecue (free) while you're there. Grand Turk, you can walk off the ship to the beach that's there. Margaritaville is right there and they have a party atmosphere and an enormous gorgeous pool. Or go on a snorkeling excursion, or head down the beach to a beach bar called Jack's shack.

I have never sailed NCL, so can't compare, nor do I know the ports it visits. But I've always had a good cruise on Carnival, and I would take 8 days over 7!:)

We also really enjoyed both ships. Id give the Miracle a slight advantage because the dining room food is so good you never need to use the alternative dining whereas on the Gem your going to want to do all the specialty restaurants which are good but = more $. In my opinion the Miracle has a better itinerary. There both great ships so either way you wont be disappointed.

The Miracle is my favorite ship. Great staff, great food and great shows. You have to see the CD's silent film skit, it is hilarious.:D We werre on NCL once and the service wasn't very good. I would not hesitate to do the Miracle a third time. In fact, we are looking at her for a January trip in 2012.

My wife and I sailed on the Miracle in Oct of 2009. We were on a eight night cruise with visits to three islands. We had a wonderful time on the ship and loved the sea days. As anyother ship you can stay as busy as you want too. The pools were nice and the show were good. Best of luck

Have been on both, and for us, the Miracle is a better fit. I love any and all cruises, but the Miracle was "more alive" and I really missed not seeing the dancing and singing waiters at dinner time.

CCL has better food and selection in the main dining room ( IMO ) , but NCL has a better buffet. On the Gem, they had the same menue every single day in the dining room, that was a shock to me.

Grand Turk is one of my favorite ports. The ocean, Margaritaville, and don't forget to check out Jack's Shack. We rented a golf cart on Grand Turk and drove around exploring and swimming all day long.

Whatever you decide, I am sure you will have a blast.

Archived