Question regarding taking purse on excursion

QponQueen67

My question is regarding taking purses/bags on the excursions. For example, if we were to swim with the dolphins is there an area with lockers? Are there lockers at all the excursions? I'd hate to leave my purse on board and then have to go back to get it in order to do some shopping. What do you do?

I wouldn't take a purse at all, I think I'd break down and get a neck hanging beach safe. Put a few dollars and your key card in there and keep it with you all the time.

I don't know what you'd do with a camera, perhaps buy a disposable waterproof one so that if it does get lifted you will only be out about $10.

I have a small waterproof container that holds our cruise cards, a credit card, ID for DH and I and some cash. I hang it around my neck under my clothes, and because it's waterproof I can go swimming with it so we never leave it unattended. We bought a waterproof camera to go on excursions, it's not the best camera in the world but it comes in the water with us and we don't really care if it gets lost. The nice camera stays in the cabin safe. You don't really need a purse on an excursion, just your cruise card, ID and some way to pay for stuff you want to buy :)

We swam with dolphins in Nassau and there were lockers for valuables, but I doubt that's the case with every dolphin excursion.

My question is regarding taking purses/bags on the excursions. For example, if we were to swim with the dolphins is there an area with lockers? Are there lockers at all the excursions? I'd hate to leave my purse on board and then have to go back to get it in order to do some shopping. What do you do?

On our dolphin excursion in Puerta Vallarta, we had lockers to put our stuff! I can't say that all dolphin excursion facilities will have lockers available. We were not allowed to have any type of jewelry or any thing on ours persons that would potentially scratch or harm the dolphins. I even heard on some dolphin excursions they make you were covers over your fingernails...our dolphin swim did not have the "fingernail cover" requirement.

Thank you everyone for the replies. Do you know where I could purchase one of those waterproof neck-hanging safes?

Amazon has a large selection of water proof containes of various sizes. just do a search on waterproof bag. They even have ones desgined for your regular camera that you can use to take udnerwater pcitures.

Every excursion I've been on lets you leave it in a secure place while you're snorkeling. The bus drivers let you leave them on a bus while you're visiting whatever attraction you're seeing (they lock the bus, or stay on watching) I just put my backpack under the seat while I was snorkeling and it was watched. I'm sure that they realize that if anything is missing, it would be caught quickly. I haven't had any problems with anything stolen.

every excursion i have taken a bag no matter what we have done...we did sea-lion encounter in PV there were lockers; you can leave stuff in the bus; never been without my stuff when i needed it--there are alot of different types of things to use...

the CC little beach safe would be the last thing i would take--i have it and it isnt much, you can get BETTER even at your local sporting good store--if you get something water-proof for your items, buy something good as we have bought the "cheap" ones and they leaked when hubby went cave tubin in Belize!

I have a special 'set up' for excursions that has worked all over the world...I take a Rick Steves bag. In the bottom with giant pins, I secure small zip 'purses' in which I can put some things I'd not like touched. Over that I pile my towels and books and whatevers. Attached to my clothing or my bathing suit I have a small plastic watertight case that has my ship card, charge card sometimes, pix of passport and cash. This is anchored to me with a cord. I can snorkel or swim with the dolphins or tour a cathedral and it's snug on me while my Rick Steeves bag remains on the bus or other 'semi secure' place. Sometimes, if I'm not going to swim, but I am going to want to shop alot, I carry larger quantities of cash in a waist money belt [which you can get at any good travel store].

Archived