Stores in area of Hotel at POM

BigBoatGal

My husband and I will be staying at the Double Tree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay the night before our cruise. Does anyone know if there is a market near there to purchase our soda, water and allowed bottles of wine prior to our cruise?

Thanks in advance!!

No idea....but great question! I was wondering the same thing for myself. We are staying at the InterContinental. I went to googlemaps and did some seaching....looks like there are a few grocery stores in the area. Will probably have to cab it though. I figure I'll just ask the concierge. They seem to know everything.

My husband and I will be staying at the Double Tree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay the night before our cruise. Does anyone know if there is a market near there to purchase our soda, water and allowed bottles of wine prior to our cruise?

Thanks in advance!!

I just did a little research for you on Google Earth. There is a Price Choice market about 1/3 mile (as the crow flies) northwest of the hotel. I am sure the hotel can give you turn by turn directions when you check in.

Have a great trip.

Carol

No idea....but great question! I was wondering the same thing for myself. We are staying at the InterContinental. I went to googlemaps and did some seaching....looks like there are a few grocery stores in the area. Will probably have to cab it though. I figure I'll just ask the concierge. They seem to know everything.

We've stayed at the Intercontinental before and there's a CVS well within walking distance...The desk can give you directions...Supposedly there's a Walgreen's nearby too, but we couldn't find it...HTH

We've stayed at the Intercontinental before and there's a CVS well within walking distance...The desk can give you directions...Supposedly there's a Walgreen's nearby too, but we couldn't find it...HTH

Yes, the CVS is a good shop...not far from the Intercontinetal. I haven't looked where Double Tree is but if it is on the other side of the Bayside Market, just walk a block or two past the Holiday Inn (which is directly across from the Bayside Market) and the CVS will be on your right. We got our sodas and wine there. Only problem was they only had 8-pack sodas...not 12-packs (in Pepsi products).

The CVS near the Holiday Inn has quite a nice wine selection also. Just be careful about where you walk at night in Miami, like any city. The Walgreens is about three blocks past CVS (which will be on your right as you walk past it) and has about the same choices as CVS. There is also a liquor store on the same street as Walgreens, but their wine selection was somewhat limited and more expensive than CVS.

I think the Double Tree was the hotel next door to the Marriot (which is where we stayed in January). The CVS is about 1 mile away. to CVS on the Metromover which is right near the hotel. It drops you off right behind CVS. Bayside Market is right across the street from CVS. If you take the Metromover at night, be careful....it can be kind of sketchy....a taxi might be a better way to go. They are right there at Bayside.

For those who were wondering about the intercontinental, it is right down the road from Bayside/CVS. It is a very easy walk.

Have a great cruise!!!:D

Archived