Noooo! Why have P&O done this?

I received this email today from our Travel agent. . .

Hi Angela

I have tried to call you today on XXX XXXX but I am getting a disconnected signal? Please advise your new number if you have changed.

The purpose of calling you is to advise that P&O have stopped birthday dinner gift effective immediately.

They will add to your AUD150 on board credit the equivalent of NZD100.00 that you paid for the birthday dinner.

I am sorry about this however it is a situation well out of my control

Warm Regards

K.

While I am waiting for him to call back does any one happen to know WHY they are taking it away?

Our little Miss 7 was SUPER excited we had sneakily booked this to surprise her Dad! It doesn't really matter - We will have an awesome time any way!

BUT WHY?

Whoopsie Blonde moment! Edited it away!

=)

Also one more wee question to all ya cruise Guru's around these parts . . .

In the above email it mentions that we have $150 OBC.

In my original "Thanks for Booking" email it says $200. Should I mention that when he calls?

*sigh* yep I still plan on us having a special night!

Planning on not telling Little Lily-Victoria that they cancelled the package - She asks nearly every other day if its still our special secret!!!

Just to make it all that extra more interesting when the TA calls - I have also worked out that when I made the final payment it was $140NZ that I paid for the package, Not the $100 he said in that email!

I know it's not much to most BUT at the moment to us its quite a bit!

( We just lost every thing we owned in a MAJOR flood that pretty much took our house away!) This cruise in June can't come soon enough.

Hi Frootloop....we are on Pacific Dawn in 5weeks and our Daughter will celebrate her 40th on board, as a special surprise I ordered the birthday cake and wine package which will be presented at dinner on her birthday, I havn't heard anything about stopping this from our agent or P@O. I hope it still goes ahead as it will be a surprise for granddaughter age 6 as well.

Why not ring your agent or P&O and see if you can order the cake as a surprise it was only $25 for the cake and wine package and will be a nice end to the day :)

Updated email . . . Copy & Pasted exactly (I have however edited out names etc)

Hi Angie

OK, I have sorted this all out and apologise for the vagueness, a lot of this was handled some time ago and with XX leaving (insert name of agency here) there is noone left who know’s what the ‘deal’ was!

So here’s the situation, and this correct.

The total cost of the cruise to include the ‘P&O birthday gift’ is 3774.90.

You have paid two installments, 936.00 on 24JUN and 2838.90 on 20JAN. Total 3774.90, which balances.

If you deduct the cruise price of 3636.00 as per my email of 24JUN you will see this leaves a balance of 138.90 which will be added to your on board credit.

As for the on board credit P&O are correct, you only get AUD150.00. HOWEVER XX had agreed to increase this to AUD200.00 but she has left (insert name of agency here) and never actioned this before she departed. I am now talking with the big cheeses at (insert name of agency here) to see if they will honor it.

I will get back to you with their response the moment I hear.

Regards

K.

there is noone left who know’s what the ‘deal’ was! Erm I DO! I still have all the emails from when I was organizing the booking - Why don't they?

Also just had to pop back on over here to add . . . .

Our travel agent is a lovely dude & I am sure it will all be fine, I do think he is great at what he does & it will all be sorted satisfactorily, I just wanted to share on here as a sounding board when I was in the OMG Why me, Why this now? stage!!!

=)

Have you phoned P&O about this?? (Just to check)

Also don’t forget even if you now cant get a birthday dinner gift (Which I have not head of before), you can still organise a cake and wine, I think you can phone P&O or once you get onboard talk to the mater d or your waiter.

I rang P&O this morning to try and book a Special Occasion package and they told me that they are no longer selling them. No packages at all can be pre purchased. Only the complementry small cake, balloons and door sign are available. The girl did say to check back a few weeks before we sail which is in August so will ring back, but looks like they won't be available any more. Not happy either :(

I am so sorry to hear about the flood! A cruise is definately what you need...so don't let the birthday, OBC stress you.

Make it even more special by organising the surprise yourself. Get some of you CC roll call to distract hubby while you decorate cabin or make arrangements..its not too difficult to sneak onboard streamers etc..and a bit of double sided tape. Talk to the Maitre D in the dining room to ensure a bit of singing and fuss on the big evening..talk to the Cruise Director about your plans for the evening it might be possible to get an announcement and singing wherever you are that evening. Get a T shirt made (easy on line) for him that says..It's my Birthday! I am sure he will be congratulated all day long.

Life's a celebration...have a great cruise.

p.s. on a more serious note...its always a good idea to keep emails of arrangements with T/A's they should as a matter of course honor the arrangements made by the T/a..the fact that they no longer work there should not matter...you have the evidence.

Have you phoned P&O about this?? (Just to check)

Gah - I would have EXCEPT the last time I had to call, The staff member I got seemed to have been trained by apathetic militant monkeys.

Just sent off a looooong email now.

Hopefully some one actually takes the time to read it & not just send out some lame generic response!

Edited to add -

Still have not heard back from my TA,

Small chance he is beginning to seem not as great as I had originally thought!

=)

I received this email today from our Travel agent. . .

Hi Angela

I have tried to call you today on XXX XXXX but I am getting a disconnected signal? Please advise your new number if you have changed.

The purpose of calling you is to advise that P&O have stopped birthday dinner gift effective immediately.

They will add to your AUD150 on board credit the equivalent of NZD100.00 that you paid for the birthday dinner.

I am sorry about this however it is a situation well out of my control

Warm Regards

K.

While I am waiting for him to call back does any one happen to know WHY they are taking it away?

Our little Miss 7 was SUPER excited we had sneakily booked this to surprise her Dad! It doesn't really matter - We will have an awesome time any way!

BUT WHY?

I would keep ringing them till you get what you want.

Archived