My mom called me crying at work today....

LK0806

I sent out my wedding invites months ago. My wedding is in 16 days, and my mother called me cryingwhile I was at work because she JUST realized that I put my middle initial and not my whole name on my invites!! She gave me every name in the book, including LeeAnn (lee from my dads mom, Ann from my moms mum), and my moms maiden name. My parents aren't divorced, AND my mom and I have the same first name. So rather then putting my first name, three middle names, and last name on the invite, I put my first name, middle initial, and last name.

She thinks that was me stabbing her in the heart!! OH EM FREAKING GEEEEE

I spent time TRYING to get her to see it has nothing to do with were the names come from, and that I think she should kinda drop it. ARGGG I just text her telling her that its my wedding, my invites, and she needs to drop it, and enjoy the wedding planning! Arghhh I hope that goes over well and doesn't carry the argument on!

Thanks for letting me vent :) Thank god my bachelorette party is this Sat!! I need a drink and a good laugh! :)

Don't worry about it. What's done is DONE!

I wouldn't waste another second trying to appease her. The fact of the matter is, I'm sure all of her friends and your family already know the whole history of the names and why she chose them AND have been hearing the story since you were born!

I would chalk it up to "mom-zila"-ness and keep it moving!

(hope this helps)

I doubt if anything you could say would alleviate the real problem, which is she just realized she is "losing" her daughter.

It's hard, but she will get over it. Just don't allocate any more time to this "problem" than you already have. Never mention it again, and if she brings it up, change the subject. Just let her know you will not be drawn into that discussion and eventually she will realize that the only conversation she is having is with herself!

BTW, my mother only gave me a first name...no middle name at all, so I spent many years wishing I had more names! Kind of like the curly hair/straight hair problem....no matter which one you have, you wish you had the other!

Have a happy wedding! :)

I sent out my wedding invites months ago. My wedding is in 16 days, and my mother called me cryingwhile I was at work because she JUST realized that I put my middle initial and not my whole name on my invites!! She gave me every name in the book, including LeeAnn (lee from my dads mom, Ann from my moms mum), and my moms maiden name. My parents aren't divorced, AND my mom and I have the same first name. So rather then putting my first name, three middle names, and last name on the invite, I put my first name, middle initial, and last name.

She thinks that was me stabbing her in the heart!! OH EM FREAKING GEEEEE

I spent time TRYING to get her to see it has nothing to do with were the names come from, and that I think she should kinda drop it. ARGGG I just text her telling her that its my wedding, my invites, and she needs to drop it, and enjoy the wedding planning! Arghhh I hope that goes over well and doesn't carry the argument on!

Thanks for letting me vent :) Thank god my bachelorette party is this Sat!! I need a drink and a good laugh! :)

Good grief. After reading some of the posts on this board I surprised more people just don't elope.

• 3 months later...

Archived