My Navigator of the Seas Cruise has been cancelled

BOUV

We were informed today that our Navigator of the Seas Cruise leaving from Barcelona next January has been cancelled. We have already booked flights and one nights acommodation ( non-refundable hotel). The shipboard credit does not seem to be much compensation when you consider that there is no Royal Carribean Cruise alternative leaving from Europe at that time.

Is anyone else in this position or has been and has any advice?

Wow, bummer! Did they give you a reason?

I agree, when you commit to a Euro cruise there is a major investment involved. Even if you can't get a refund on airfare, would it be possible to do some date changing to match up with another RC or other cruise?

As a last resort, I would use the airfare and plan a land vacation. Barcelona is great to tour, and you can use the excellent train system to tour other areas. Also consider travelling light and getting around on Easyjet or similar. Good Luck!

They are moving the ship back to the Caribbean in Jan? I thought the transatlantics were usually in the spring!:confused:

The Transatlantic for the Navigator will be in November....date yet unconfirmed as RCCL have to "juggle things around in the Caribbean" according to RCCL UK agent this morning.

The agent who I spoke to didnt even know the NV was going back across the pond this November :eek:

The Transatlantic for the Navigator will be in November....date yet unconfirmed as RCCL have to "juggle things around in the Caribbean" according to RCCL UK agent this morning.

The agent who I spoke to didnt even know the NV was going back across the pond this November :eek:

OK, I'm confused! What trip is the OP talking about?:confused:

The Navigator was supposed to stay over in the Med and not winter in the Caribbean. I think it was 12-14 night cruise out of BCN.

Understand now...thanks. Won't a lot of people find themselves on cancelled cruises besides this one if this is the case?

Understand now...thanks. Won't a lot of people find themselves on cancelled cruises besides this one if this is the case?

November, December, January & February (I think March also) cruises on the Navigator in Europe/Med....all cancelled because of the ship going back across the pond unexpectedly.

That is a lot of cruises cancelled and lots of very unhappy/disappointed people.

Indie Christmas/NY cruise to the Med cancelled.

Instead of two Med cruises, there are now THREE Canary Islands cruises. Shrewd move - but they have ruined our Christmas/NY. :mad:

Hiya

We're booked on 12 November out of Barcelona and have had to hear it from you guys on cruise critic that our cruise is cancelled :mad: Rang the travel agent and they hadnt heard anything - this online agent sold lots of these cruise packages (inlcuding airfares and accommodation) for both 6 and 12 Nov ... yes very upset.

We knew Egypt might be dropped for Istanbul becuase of the unrest, but were still booked and counting sleeps ...

I'll stayed tuned in over the next couple of days and if you hear anything else please let us know.

What usually happens in these situations does RCI offer an alternative cruise or changeover with no penalty? do they contribute towards flight changes?

If we cant cancel our flights then could consider 11 November out of Southampton ...

Thanks guys 'you hear it first on cruise critic !!!!!'

Jane

After finding out on Friday that our cruise has been cancelled we are not sure what we are doing yet.

I will call Royal Caribbean tomorrow and find out what if any compensation they will offer. We have ruled out the crise out of Southhampton as family members had flights cancelled and travel chaos last December with bad snow storms.

NCL Jewel's cruise out of Rome on 28th of Dec seems to be closest to what we had booked previously but this will involve a change in flights.

Keep us informed with what your travel agent finds out

We were informed today that our Navigator of the Seas Cruise leaving from Barcelona next January has been cancelled. We have already booked flights and one nights acommodation ( non-refundable hotel). The shipboard credit does not seem to be much compensation when you consider that there is no Royal Carribean Cruise alternative leaving from Europe at that time.

Is anyone else in this position or has been and has any advice?

This person seems to be in the same boat as you, or at least was hoping to be in the same boat ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1397677

This is why I don't book air until about 100 days out, or if I do book further out I book refundable tickets. The cruise lines pull this stunt too often.

• 2 weeks later...

I was book on the Navigator for Europe and it was going to be an awesome plan with great stops and worked great with our French holidays for the kids. They cancelled on us as well now they told us only $200 for Europe sailings which are all in the summer and we will be in the states, I pushed for them to give me the 200 buck on the transatlantic in April on Liberty and they did. Still a disappointment!

I am actually kind of happy they cancelled our cruise (other then it being a pain to change my plans). We are now on the Sept. 20th/11 Holy Land cruise on the Mariner of the Seas. We have a better cabin now at a cheaper price, plus I got an extra $200 OBC on top of my original OBC for booking onboard. They also had a $225 saving certificate I could use on this sailing. So all in all I got a great deal !

Archived