Planes Flying over

lasalp

Im sure im probably on the wrong board but thought i would ask anyways, We are going on our first cruise this Oct and i have heard of a beach that you can go to and watch the planes fly over? This sounds very interresting to me, can someone PLEASE tell me where this is?
sandy

It's either Simpson Bay beach or Maho Bay Beach (or somewhere in between). We weren't on the beach, but we watched two planes land from the Golden Eagle catamaran. We couldn't believe how low those planes were -- if you were laying on the beach, it sure would have been quite a sight to look up and see the landing gear not too far overhead!

It's Maho.

There are some videos of planes landing over on my [url="http://briefcase.yahoo.com/gwtaylor"]Yahoo Briefcase[/url] SXM page.

_____
We must sail, sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but we must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor. Oliver Wendell Holmes

It is Maho Beach. Small beach but you have the famous Sunset Beach Bar right there. Sit there, enjoy a drink and from 11:00am on the big jets come in. It really is a blast. Enjoy!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;3;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Till NCL Dawn cruise

just there today its maho bay.You can get there by taxi or bus.it was 16.00 by taxi.we took the bus back for 3.00 total it droped us of at down town where you can pick it up also.biggrer planes started flying in around noon then the 747 fl ew in about 1 30 it was awesome beach is clean .they rent chairs at the hotel on right side 2 chairs and umbrella 1300 just a great day

zenith 9/2000
explorer 9/7/01
voyager 12/2/01
explorer 5/11/02
golden princess 11/09/02
Radiance 2/08/03
adventure of seas (9/28/03
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2003;09;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Questions for PA cruisers. How often did the buses run from Maho to town? We plan to go to Orient Beach for a short while in the morning. Take a cab to Sunset Beach Bar, have lunch and watch the planes come in and then, hopefully, take a bus back to town. Also, did you have to have the exact amount for the bus?

gypsygirl

Emerald Seas 1985
Caribe 1986
Carnivale 1991
Westward 1993
Fantasy 1994
Fantasy 1995
Fascination 1997
Destiny 2001
Enchantment 2002
Sovereign 2004
Serenade 2004

• 2 weeks later...
GTaylor, I was in Saba in the late 70"s and landing in Saba was an unbelievable experience!! I'm didn't think anyone could appreciate it, but your video REALLY gets the point across!!! Awesome!!! I don't think the planes have chaged much since.

THANKS!!!

Archived