Excited!

Very excited and I know you guys would understand:

I just booked a 2012 Alaskan cruise on the Radiance! I wasn't planning to book yet but today I went over to act like I was in order to get an idea of cost when they offered me stateroom 1102. As that was one of the cabins I was considering, I had to go ahead and book right then. I've seen aft pictures of Alaska and they're beautiful! Now I'll get to take plenty of my own from my own balcony!

This will be a trip for my mother. She's always wanted to go but I know that she'd never be able to afford it. I took the Jewel on a New England cruise in 2009 (Loved it! Sooooo want to do it again!) and I knew for the Alaskan cruise I wanted the Radiance as the Jewel was so beautiful.

So... that's all. Just the excitement of a newly booked cruise vacation feeling. I haven't been on many cruises - the '09 New England cruise was my last cruise. Now in 460-something days I'll be on another one!

Enjoy...the days will alternately run by and drag by:) Booked my upcoming trip in July of 2010...460 some days out. I'm half way there:p Take the time to plan the trip and make it a very special voyage for your mom...I'd planned on taking my mother on a cruise when we found out she was ill, but unfortunately the doctors were wrong about the amount of time she had left:( My sisters and I did take her on that cruise, but it was to scatter her ashes as she had wanted:( Now I try to go back to the Caribbean each year to 'visit' her.

Enjoy your trip with your mom - treasure each and every minute:)

Congrats on your booking - so exciting! Enjoy the time with your mom...I also lost my mom in a much shorter time period than doctors projected and never got to do a final "special" event with her. :( Alaska and New England cruises are both on my "must do" list - sounds fabulous!

Congratulations! I, too, almost booked a cruise with my mom and sisters but failed to follow through. It is a regret I'll always have as my mom passed away without ever going on a cruise. Enjoy!

On a more upbeat note, my DH and I went on an Alaskan cruise a couple of years ago. The experience of being way up on top of a ship and looking at the surrounding mountains in the dusky night sky while sailing the ocean was amazing! It's a once in a lifetime kind of thing :)!

We are on the Sept 7 2012 Radiance to Alaska! We have been there once, left and returned to Seattle on the Rhapsody, the ship, our cabin and the entire cruise was wonderful. We considered 1102 when it was available but opted for another popular cabin, 9256 which is a D2 I think. It is a corner aft and hopefully as nice as the Rhapsody was! We spent lots of time on the balcony last time, even in the fog and mist just listening to the "quiet", it is something you can't describe, you just have to be there!

We are so excited and feel very fortunate to be able to go again!

What a wonderful trip to take...I think you will love Alaska and especially that aft balcony because there is sooo much to see in AK on the inside passage and the glaciers. We saw big whales in the distance, two little otters floating by on an iceberg, countless birds and such beautiful scenery.

Not that you asked but...but be sure to bundle up...you don't say when you did you NE trip, but AK is cool on the water, just like NE is, even in the summer! We brought a warm windbreaker type jacket or fleece and tucked in wool or fleece hat/headbands and pair of gloves in the pockets. Just being dressed a little cozy made it so much more comfy to sit out there and enjoy the view!!

Archived