stingray and beach break?

cocotea

You do not need to swim at all for Stingray City - the sand bar is only 3-4 feet deep. :cool:

All of the tour operators require you to wear an inflatable vest while snorkeling - you are really just floating/paddeling along with your mask in the water. You do not need to be a strong swimmer to enjoy.

Moby Dick tours will drop you off at 7-mile beach after the tour if you want to try snorkeling from the shore. Good luck! :)

You do not need to swim at all for Stingray City - the sand bar is only 3-4 feet deep. :cool:

All of the tour operators require you to wear an inflatable vest while snorkeling - you are really just floating/paddeling along with your mask in the water. You do not need to be a strong swimmer to enjoy.

Moby Dick tours will drop you off at 7-mile beach after the tour if you want to try snorkeling from the shore. Good luck! :)

How far is 7 mile beach from the port? Are there lots of taxis to take you to the port from there? cost?

oh and do you have to wear that inflatable vest? I've been to Stingray City before (13 years ago) and i dont' recall anyone having to wear one. I guess safety is becoming more important these days.

Miss Rabbit I went to 7 mile beach I did not see any taxi their I went to the bus stop and a taxi stop at the bus stop and ask me if I wanted a taxi we got in and I do not remember how much was the taxi it was years ago.

We just went to Stingray City with Stingray Sailings. Nobody had to wear life vests unless they wanted to. After visiting with the stingrays, Chip took us to a reef where the snorkeling was awesome. There was one woman in our group who couldn't swim and he fitted her with a life jacket and she was fine! My 10-year-old decided to try a life ring to make her more comfortable and she enjoyed it too.

On the way back, Chip offered to take us to 7 mile beach, but we didn't want to spend any more time in the sun.

We just went to Stingray City with Stingray Sailings. Nobody had to wear life vests unless they wanted to. After visiting with the stingrays, Chip took us to a reef where the snorkeling was awesome. There was one woman in our group who couldn't swim and he fitted her with a life jacket and she was fine! My 10-year-old decided to try a life ring to make her more comfortable and she enjoyed it too.

On the way back, Chip offered to take us to 7 mile beach, but we didn't want to spend any more time in the sun.

Archived