Blue Lagoon Nassau?

Pooh&OurHunny

I'm still going back and forth with this one, I want to wait until our day of GSC and see if our son wants to go back to the beach the next day or just stay on the ship? In the past Caribbean trips, he does enjoy the pool more than going to the beach (he likes going to the beach for building castle and playing but he rather swim in the pool or splash in the pool).

Will it be too late if I book Blue Lagoon the night before or will it be sold out? Is the basic Blue Lagoon (just the beach and lunch not the dolphin excurision).

Any help would be appreciated? I just don't want to wait and its book but then I don't want to book it and he says he rather stay on the ship. My husband rather stay on the ship but he said what ever makes me happy.

This trip is low stress and just to relax and our son have to time of his life on his first cruise. He is 6 yrs old and this cruise was his idea.

Thanks

I'm still going back and forth with this one, I want to wait until our day of GSC and see if our son wants to go back to the beach the next day or just stay on the ship? In the past Caribbean trips, he does enjoy the pool more than going to the beach (he likes going to the beach for building castle and playing but he rather swim in the pool or splash in the pool).

Will it be too late if I book Blue Lagoon the night before or will it be sold out? Is the basic Blue Lagoon (just the beach and lunch not the dolphin excurision).

Any help would be appreciated? I just don't want to wait and its book but then I don't want to book it and he says he rather stay on the ship. My husband rather stay on the ship but he said what ever makes me happy.

This trip is low stress and just to relax and our son have to time of his life on his first cruise. He is 6 yrs old and this cruise was his idea.

Thanks

Try this link for more info about Blue Lagoon. There are some reviews also

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/shorexmod/shorexbooking/shorexDetails.html?navigationToken=shorexSearch&groupId=NAS_46&currentPageNumber=2&portCode=NAS

You can book it and you have until 24 hours before to cancel. You always take the chance of it being booked.

We're doing it on 4/27.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

Try this link for more info about Blue Lagoon. There are some reviews also

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/shorexmod/shorexbooking/shorexDetails.html?navigationToken=shorexSearch&groupId=NAS_46&currentPageNumber=2&portCode=NAS

You can book it and you have until 24 hours before to cancel. You always take the chance of it being booked.

We're doing it on 4/27.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

Thank you for the information, we are sailing the day after you. We would be in Blue Lagoon on 4/28

Happy sailing on 4/23...:)

You can easily walk around the area with the dolphins and sea lions even if you are not doing the encounters or swims and your son would love that. He can watch them enteracting with the people in the water and see the "push".

I did not think much of the beach area, we did not walk all around it but the side that was on the ocean was closed, it might be too rocky. The area where we saw all the people was the lagoon.

You can easily walk around the area with the dolphins and sea lions even if you are not doing the encounters or swims and your son would love that. He can watch them enteracting with the people in the water and see the "push".

I did not think much of the beach area, we did not walk all around it but the side that was on the ocean was closed, it might be too rocky. The area where we saw all the people was the lagoon.

Thanks for the information about watching the dolphins and sea lions...I thought you had to pay extra to see them.

Thanks

If you don't want to take a chance you won't want to do it you can always just take a taxi over the the Ferry Terminal ($4 each plus $1 for the bridge) and pay directly to the Blue Lagoon the day you are there ($45.00 for adults and I think $35 for children.) The beach day is rarely sold out so you wouldn't have to decide until the morning of. I enjoyed just watching the dolphins from the walkway and I'm sure your son would too. The lunch was good, the beach is just okay. Your son would probably enjoy the inflatable slides etc in the one section but I don't know what the cost is for them.

If you don't want to take a chance you won't want to do it you can always just take a taxi over the the Ferry Terminal ($4 each plus $1 for the bridge) and pay directly to the Blue Lagoon the day you are there ($45.00 for adults and I think $35 for children.) The beach day is rarely sold out so you wouldn't have to decide until the morning of. I enjoyed just watching the dolphins from the walkway and I'm sure your son would too. The lunch was good, the beach is just okay. Your son would probably enjoy the inflatable slides etc in the one section but I don't know what the cost is for them.

Thank you for the the information. I didn't know we could go to the Blue Lagoon ourselfs...I thought I had to book it thru NCL.

Glad to know I can decide that morning.

We swam with the dolphins there and it was great. I was a nay sayer at first thinking it was too expensive but I have to say I was completely wrong. Being able to interact with them was so cool and an experience I will not forget.

Thanks for sharing, I did asked our son if he wanted to swim with the dolphins...He said next time. I think he is a little scared b/c he is not a good swimmer. When we go to the pool...it takes him over an hour before he goes in the water then sits on the steps for another half hour. He is only 6 yrs old so I don't want to pressure him. He likes playing on the sands and likes getting his toes wet on the beach but he never goes in the water. I would probably love the experience but I would hate it for him to just watch me on the sideline. We would definetly do this in the future with him. Maybe next year.

Thanks

Usually, you wouldn't have a problem picking up a couple of same day tickets, but there ARE some day's that are sold out.. even for the beach.

So, I'd check with the BL directly (there's an email and phone number) and see if they will have passes available.

With holiday weeks coming up.. and so many ships in port on certain days, there ARE restrictions as to the number of guests they allow on the ferries at one time.

You didn't mention the date of your arrival.

Usually, you wouldn't have a problem picking up a couple of same day tickets, but there ARE some day's that are sold out.. even for the beach.

So, I'd check with the BL directly (there's an email and phone number) and see if they will have passes available.

With holiday weeks coming up.. and so many ships in port on certain days, there ARE restrictions as to the number of guests they allow on the ferries at one time.

You didn't mention the date of your arrival.

Thanks, we are going to be in Nassau 4/28

FYI, I was unable to book the dolphin encounter directly with Blue Lagoon, had to go thru NCL. It has to do with their contract with the cruise line.

I do have a question though. Because of the cost of booking the excursion with NCL, only two of us will be on the encounter, the other two will just be watching. Is it possible to pay as an "observer" when you get to Blue Lagoon, instead of booking that as an excursion as well? NCL is charging $40+ for that, and I think it's only $25 booked directly.

We have decided to go ahead and Booked Blue Lagoon. For the people who have gone from the Jewel or Gem what time was this excursion?

Do we get off the ship and then go to another boat to go to the beach?

When we were on the Jewel (week of April 3rd) we were in port by 8am, I think even earlier I don't recall because when I got up we were already docked. We did the dolphin swim at the Blue Lagoon. Our Excursion Ticket had us meeting outside the ship at 10:45 but I believe all the Blue Lagoon excursions were meeting at that same time. Around 11 ish we followed a guide out of the ship area and around the port to a loading area. The groups boarded 2 ferries and and took about a 25 minute ferry ride to Blue Lagoon. When we got to the Lagoon the people broke off into their groups, Dolphin Swim, Sea Otter Experience, Dolphin Experience and beach day.

The only problem we had was the harbor was closed for a period of time to allow the Carnival Pride (delayed getting on the ferry) and a Royal Caribbean ship (delayed us leaving) to dock.

When we were on the Jewel (week of April 3rd) we were in port by 8am, I think even earlier I don't recall because when I got up we were already docked. We did the dolphin swim at the Blue Lagoon. Our Excursion Ticket had us meeting outside the ship at 10:45 but I believe all the Blue Lagoon excursions were meeting at that same time. Around 11 ish we followed a guide out of the ship area and around the port to a loading area. The groups boarded 2 ferries and and took about a 25 minute ferry ride to Blue Lagoon. When we got to the Lagoon the people broke off into their groups, Dolphin Swim, Sea Otter Experience, Dolphin Experience and beach day.

The only problem we had was the harbor was closed for a period of time to allow the Carnival Pride (delayed getting on the ferry) and a Royal Caribbean ship (delayed us leaving) to dock.

Thank you so much for your post...its very helpful. My 6 yr old son likes to know how things work (just like his mama). He needs an explanation before we do things especially when its the first time.

Correction: Sea Lion Encounter :)

Archived