All things Reflections

Penney80

Hi Joann and Bob,

I am having trouble getting on the roll call for October 12,2012. Is it set up yet? Also, did I see that you had created a website with info about the different ports?

Thanks for your help.

Stephanie

Anyone know who Cruise Planners/American Express are? They have just announced that their 2012 convention will be held aboard the Reflection's inaugural cruise. From what I've been able to figure out, they are an organization of cruise agents. They just finished their 2011 convention in Riviera Maya, Mexico, where apparently, and I quote this from a blog entry on their web site: "Hundreds of CP advisors once again split their time between the many breakout sessions that kicked off day 3 of CP Con." and "Must go and meet with hundreds of trade show partners now for great insider tips to grow 2012 business."

HUNDREDS?? Not sure if I'd want to be on a cruise that is taken over by a convention!! Typically, conventions need many meeting rooms for presentations, vendor displays, etc. Where would they do that on Reflection? Oh, right, in all the public areas the rest of us thought we'd have access to :(

An interesting quote from the blog entry for the just completed convention: "Day 1 continued with vender presentations from Carnival Cruise Lines, Norwegian Cruise Line, Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean International." I have a hard time picturing Carnival, NCL and Princess representatives boarding the Reflection to do presentations of their own products on a competitor's ship at next year's convention!!!!!

Wow. CP Con in 2010 had over 400 TAs and 300 vendors. If there are two people for each vendor, that means 1/3 of the ship will be taken by this convention.

Does this translate into bars and public areas closed at various times for convention activities? Exhibits in the public areas?

I booked early and was looking forward to this as my first cruise. Now, I'm beginning to wonder if I should change?

What are others experiences with conventions on board during your cruise?

Thanks!

Bruce

Hi 1959

That is the same picture I saw the other day but not as bright. Thanks for posting looking forward to more of your pictures. I can't find out all this stuff so I am depending on others to help this along!

Joann and Bob

Hi 1959

That is the same picture I saw the other day but not as bright. Thanks for posting looking forward to more of your pictures. I can't find out all this stuff so I am depending on others to help this along!

Joann and Bob

I check their web site weekly and I'm sure derf will also jump in and make sure this thread gets the attention it deserves. ;) It may be a few more months before we start seeing any real progress in the size and length of the hull/superstructure. When the Disney Fantasy is floated out (rumored the first week of Jan 2012) they'll begin adding the pre-constructed modules in a more rapid fashion. Then the countdown really begins!

It is getting closer for time to sail. January 2012 we can start signing up for the Connections party.

Joann and Bob

I've been signed up for our Connections party for about a month. This is for the Oct 21st departure. There are now six of us signed up.

• 1 month later...

In this picture of the DISNEY FANTASY prior to her float out, numerous prefabricated modules of the CELEBRITY REFLECTION can be seen waiting on the builders shed floor waiting to be placed in position.

P.S. The DISNEY FANTASY was floated out this morning and construction of the Celebrity Reflection will now continue in high gear!

CRmodules.jpg

Hi 1959

Really glad for the update. I can hardly wait till they get her in place to be able to see what is what a little better. I have so enjoyed watching all the other ships being built. Thanks again and keep up the good updates.

Joann and Bob

We are finally beginning to see how Reflection's upper deck changes will differ from her sisters. Note how the upper glassed in deck at the front continues towards the back without dropping down as on the Silhouette. Also note how the deck that extends outward is one deck higher on the Reflection. And the very upper deck, the Lawn Club deck, continues interrupted towards the back.

It's the extra weight of the added areas of the upper two decks that required the Reflection to be widened by a meter more than her siblings to maintain her balance.

Webcam image of the Celebrity Reflection dated Jan 9 2012. You can see part of her name in the bottom center of the picture

REFLECTION

CFjan9.jpg

SILHOUETTE

Reflection%20upper%20deck%20changes.JPG

Should be interesting to see how she looks when finished, compared to her sisters.

Hi boogs

Does it look like the lawn space has more closed in things and will not look like the other ships? The glassed in space at the front is that the glassed in area in the new suites?

Joann and Bob

After reviewing the deck plans, it appears that the lawn space on both the Silhouette and Reflection will be nearly identical, the only difference being that on the Reflection passengers won't have to walk down a flight of stairs to get to the deck with the jogging track and loungers that overlooks the pool deck. That area will be on the same elevation as the lawn club.

I'm pretty sure the new Reflection suites will be behind the tall glass windows on the uppermost enclosed deck in the construction photo. This would place these suites directly under the X Club, with the largest, most expensive suite partially under the basketball court with just a wall separating it from the Sky Observation Lounge.

deck%20plan%20comparison.jpg

After reviewing the deck plans, it appears that the lawn space on both the Silhouette and Reflection will be nearly identical, the only difference being that on the Reflection passengers won't have to walk down a flight of stairs to get to the deck with the jogging track and loungers that overlooks the pool deck. That area will be on the same elevation as the lawn club.

I'm pretty sure the new Reflection suites will be behind the tall glass windows on the uppermost enclosed deck in the construction photo. This would place these suites directly under the X Club, with the largest, most expensive suite partially under the basketball court with just a wall separating it from the Sky Observation Lounge.

deck%20plan%20comparison.jpg

OOPS! The deck plan image of suites is for the Reflection, not the Silhouette as in the caption.

Archived