Wi fi

Just off the Liberty Miami to Barcelona transatlantic.

WiFi was a nightmare. Two iPhones, one iPad and one MacBookPro. One iPhone and the iPad never connected. The one iPhone that did connect would only make the connection about 1 out of 25 tries. Most times it would not get an IP address for the internet. Same with the Laptop. Don't know if these are Apple compatibility problems or what. Connections that worked were completely random as to place on the ship and time of day. Nothing was predictable.

Two years ago I was on the Mariner for 46 days around South America. No problems at all.

After 14 days on Liberty, I was only able to use about half of my internet package. They did refund my unused time, but I would much rather have had internet.

Don't know why the rooms have Ethernet ports, but they don't work.

My suggestion: Get rid of the Cupcake Cupboard and put in an Apple Store, or at least a tech services rep to help out.

ps: The most highly attended and talked about "enrichment lecture" was an iPad workshop that was informally put on by a guest, not one of the official ship events.

Archived