Noise from Engines on Carnival's Spirit?

FloridaMimi

We are researching our Alaskan cruise for 2012. We are considering Aft Balcony on decks Mainor Upper, and we are curious about the Engine noise that will or might be heard. We would like to hear from anyone with past experience in these cabins. :)

You cannot hear engine noise there. There are many decks below you and the actual engines, and they are in a soundproofed space.

VIBRATIONS from the engines are a valid concern, but engine noise is nothing to be concerned about.

My wife and I were in an aft wrap on Spirit for our honeymoon and there was no noise at all. The aft area is the best as far as I'm concerned. You get views off both sides of the ship, and the sound of the wake is mesmerizing.

We also had an aft junior suite on Radiance of the seas in February. That was the first time I ever propped the balcony door open at night. It was awesome hearing the sound of the ocean all night.

You cannot hear engine noise there. There are many decks below you and the actual engines, and they are in a soundproofed space.

VIBRATIONS from the engines are a valid concern, but engine noise is nothing to be concerned about.

Thank you very much for the information. The vibrations don't bother us, so I think the aft balcony cabin will be great. Thanks again. :)

The engines are located slightly aft of midships, well forward of your position. It's a bit unlikely but possible that you might feel vibration from the propellers if they're not turning at exactly the same speed. It's more like an occasional shudder than anything else. I encountered it on the Conquest once in the aft dining room... the Monet. It made little waves in my martini!

:)

We had a Spirit aft-wrap on deck 4 and had no issues with noise. There is some vibration while docking in ports, but it was not annoying. Deck 4 has a bigger overhang than the other decks. Ash wasn't a problem for us at all. Our steward wiped off our balcony chairs and tables every day for us. I'd book that cabin again in a heartbeat!

We've had aft balconies on the Spirit -- 6 or 7 times. There is noise, but not from the engines. The wake is very noisy while underway. We didn't like it on the lower decks... it was too loud for us. On the upper decks, it doesn't bother us. It is a constant "white noise". We never had an vibration problem.

Archived