Sorry I suggested it

ljones

Pacerzfan - glad no offense taken!! I certainly meant none. I've been off of the board for a bit and wanted to reply. Hope you have GREAT cruising...wow...4 Daughters and a Wife...you are certainly out-numbered at your house!! But I bet it's always busy and fun!! Take Care and Happy Cruising! a

Also, she observed many DRUNK adults with 'buckets' of beer "staggering" around (not 20 something's) ... She also stated there was smoke (smokers) in many areas of the ship. Needless to say, she did not enjoy her Carnival experience...

Yeah, that was probably me.

Sorry 'bout that. :)

Just my opinion, but in the future, before recommending anything to someone, I suggest doing your homework & supplying your friends with all the information they might need. Cruising is one of those things....either you love or hate. I, for one, would never recommend something I didn't have first hand knowledge about. Information here is free & such a valuable tool for any cruiser....first time or not. :D

Interesting...we were on the Glory for my wife's birthday last year and we got a free cake in the supper club and in the dining room. The one for the dining room was OK but the one from the supper club was spectacular.

I have to echo those who said letting your waiter know of a special occassion. Our waiter and other sang to us for our anniversary--we got cake and let us pop open our champagne without a corkage fee. I thought it was nice he remembered since we had just mentioned it briefly in conversation.

I don't mind "Carnival haters"--my problem is those people who attached labels to all 3000+ passengers--"blue collar", Walmart of Cruise lines, etc. I feel for them that have to label, perhaps to lift themselves up? I never been on Celebrity or other cruise lines--I plan to, but I do not dare assume anything about the Celebrity cruisers or even Carnival--choosing to cruise Carnival is a sad indicator of what you can afford and your lifestyle!

That people drink, sometimes to excess, on a cruise ship shouldn't be a big surprise. I've allowed myself to be "overserved" on more than a few occasions. I've also seen lots of fellow passengers who were feeling no pain but rarely seen the slobbering, staggering drunks that I so often hear about.

If one is offended by drinking and uninhibited behavior which results then perhaps they should choose a more gentile vacation. IMHO :)

Carnival ships are not the floating drunkfests that some portray them to be but they are filled with people relaxing and on vacation.

Way I look at it all these folks that don't want to cruise Carnival again just means more room for us poor folks that enjoy Carnival....LOL

You got that right...funny how every CCL I go on is crowded but soooooo many people will never cruise Carnival again...Makes you think 99% of those who do are first timers? NOT...I guess it's just you and me pacerzfan because no matter what anyone says I have had some of my best cruises on the Fun Ships...thank God CCL management ain't listening to the naysayers...and yes I've been on other lines including your precious...ok won't name names...:p

Now for the purpose of this post...One cruise (or one monkey) shouldn't stop no show...Try real hard to talk your friends into another one...Cruising is worth it...And Carnival is definitely worth another try...

You should expect negative replies since you've been on this board for over two years and have over one hundred posts. One would assume you would have at least read some threads while you were here instead of just posting and then you could have more accurately advised your friend of what to expect.

Well sheesh, she'd better not tell her "friend" about this resource now! It might appear as though she was intentionally withholding information. Why would anyone do that?

Lady Hawke:

With the amount of hot air that seems to come from their mouths, they must emit an awful odor along their downwind side. ;)

I researched all of the cruiselines before deciding to go with Carnival and I just didn't like the comments made by those who prefer other cruiselines. The comments I read weren't directed toward Carnival, but seemed to be designed to increase their own sense of self importance.

...nevermind.

Archived