Just back from the April 3th Wind Surf Repositioning Cruise to Lisbon

gymswim

We arrived in Lisbon this morning and happy to report that everything about the two week cruise aboard the Wind Surf was OUTSTANDING: the crew, the service, the excellent food and ship itself was NEVER BETTER. This was my 40th cruise on Windstar and I am especially heartened to learn the new management is commmitted to investing the money required to keep this amazing fleet of sailing yachts safe, reliable and gorgeous. Connesieurs of small ship cruising know that ships of this scale and quality are a rarity in the cruising industry.

Thank you for the great comment, gymswim. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with Windstar. If you'd like to share more about your recent voyage, please be sure to come join the conversation on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/WindstarCruises) and Twitter (http://twitter.com/WindstarCruises).

Hope to see you aboard again very soon!

Megan

Windstar Social Media Team

We arrived in Lisbon this morning and happy to report that everything about the two week cruise aboard the Wind Surf was OUTSTANDING: the crew, the service, the excellent food and ship itself was NEVER BETTER. This was my 40th cruise on Windstar and I am especially heartened to learn the new management is commmitted to investing the money required to keep this amazing fleet of sailing yachts safe, reliable and gorgeous. Connesieurs of small ship cruising know that ships of this scale and quality are a rarity in the cruising industry.

gymswim,

Great to hear! You are WAY ahead of us - we have only been on 9 Windstar cruises, but hope to go on another one. We were booked for the Holy land and Egypt later this year but we cancelled just before Windstar did.

Patty

Thanks Gymswim. All I've been reading lately are negative comments, mostly about price. I've only been on 9 Windstar cruises. 40! Wow. You are a loyal customer.

I'm glad they lived up to their high standards. I'm convinced that no other cruise line fills the (small) niche that Windstar does. I hope they stay in business and that someone company buys them and gives them the financial support that's needed.

• 2 weeks later...

We returned from our 4/17 to 4/24 Lisbon to Barcelona and hasda wonder ful time. I was very worried about the financial end of the trip...even concerned cancelling. We had sailed on Windstar befor and had a great time. I was on the lookout for changes...there were none---perhaps the ship was in better shape on this cruise. Rumor on board was substantial rennovations will occur at the end of the summer sailing cruises...again I can only encourage sailing on the Windstar fleet.

My wife and I were on the Lisbon to Barcelona run of the Windsurf. Our first Windstar experience, and by far, our favorite cruising experience ever!! I don't have 40 cruises under my belt, but the food, the yacht, the service, the ports of call, the actual sailing were amazing. Our son just got in the peace corps, so we will be visiting him in Guatemala next year, but the year after we plan to take another Windstar cruise to Italy. Looking forward to it already. I hope they are still around. dan

Archived