Online Booking / dining assignments

We booked our Volendam 8/24 cruise with an online travel agent. We have been told we are waitlisted for a 5:45 seating table of 4. We are in a S suite (three of us) and want to sit with another couple traveling with us. How can we best make this happen? I have the feeling we are not HAL's favorite type of customer cause when I attempted to get the on board credit (Promo 267) our TA was told that is only for bookings made March 1 to May 1 - not consistent with what the board shows. Do I need to wait until the cruise, board as early as possible and try to get this done at that time?

Thanks.

I would get back to your TA and have them be the one to pressure HAL to give you the seating you need. This far ahead of the cruise they should be able to get you early seating for your group even if you have to sit with 3 other people at a table for 8.

Have a great next cruise.

Call Ship's Service directly. They will "link" the reservation and show that you wish to dine together. You don't need to use your TA for this unless you want the middle man.

On our recent cruise, we were linked with another couple. A few weeks before we cruised we had met another couple on the Roll Call boards and wanted to sit with them, too. I simply called Ship's Services and they linked the booking. No problem at all and they're very nice. I called them several times about this and that and they were very friendly and helpful.

The best way is to fax Ship Services. They used to take requests by phone but last time required a fax. The phone number is 1 800 541 1576 and they can give you the fax number. We requested a table by number and got precisely the one we wanted.

Gary

The best way is to fax Ship Services. Gary

Gary, Thanks for the tip. I noticed that HAL lists the following fax number for Ship Services on their "contact us" page at the HAL web site:

Fax: 1-800-207-3547

Archived