Carnival vs Royal Caribbean

crooksy532

I've done both. We prefer RC for the shows. I don't see much difference with the food - both are good. I like the RC desserts better. I think the cabins are nicer on RC, but I have not been on any of the newer Carnival ships, so that may have improved - I just prefer the toned down decor of Royal Caribbean. We have had a really good time on both lines. One nice thing about RC, you only have to do 5 sailings to get to Platinium status and I believe you have to do 10 sailings on Carnival.

We have 27 CCL cruises and 19 RCL cruises in 11 years. We love them both. But platinum on RCL is not like platinum on CCL. Platinum on CCL is more like Diamiond on RCL. We'll be Diamond plus by the end of the year. With platinum on RCL, you really don't get many perks. The free booze when you're diamond is a great perk and does keep us coming back. But we seem to have more fun on CCL.

Haha I have the opposite problem can't get my hubby away from Carnival. We are in our early 30's and like to drink and gamble to the late hours. We've found RC has a much earlier and quieter crowd. The one we were on was dead at 9:00/10:00. Many more families and couples. We really enjoy the late show comedians that RC does not have. Family went on Freedom of the seas and said it was the most active 20/30 something crowd they've ever seen so can depend on the boat. Food is very comparable and so are the shows with RC maybe getting a slight edge. I too love the quest but have not seen it on CCL I have heard some boats do have it. Both lines have their version of the newlywed show. We also like that CCL allows us to bring on some wine and DH like his red bulls. I think you'd be happy on either unless your BF would prefer a more quiet subdued cruise. We also find money wise we can't beat the prices we find for CCL.

Archived