Pre-booking Specialty Dining

jeffbook

Just a cautionary warning on pre-booking here.

We pre-booked (and prepaid!) Ocean Liners on the Connie for the last evening of our 14 day Caribbean cruise that sailed on 3/26/11. Unfortunately, my wife became ill on that day and we had to cancel our reservations. The maitre 'D in Ocean Liners assured me that our payment would be refunded when I cancelled.

After speaking with guest relations on ship on the morning of disembarkation, I was told that since we prepaid, we would receive a refund directly on our credit card account as opposed to our Sea Pass account.

To this date, no refund has been received. I have made two calls to Customer Service in Miami on this matter so far. As of this AM, I was told that no word of the cancellation has been received from the Connie staff about this cancellation to this point in time (9 days after disembarkation).

I am working with the folks at Customer Service, and am still reasonably confident of a favorable outcome, but I thought that a warning about this to our fellow passengers might be appropriate. Caveat emptor!!

Similar thing happened to us once on a prior cruise a year or two ago. But when we called customer service they credited our account right away. I'd call them back and ask them to take care of this ASAP and if you're still concerned they protest the charge with your credit card company - easy to do since it was a separate charge and since you never received the services or the promised refund.

I will say that on other matters when Celebrity customer service has indicated a refund is coming that it usually takes several days to show up on our credit card account.

The woman I spoke with this morning at Customer Service said that they have to check with Ocean Liners on the Connie prior to crediting our account. She said that it would take 3-5 days to do this. I am patient and will wait and see how this works out before I take any action with AMEX.

I do believe that RCL (Celebrity) will do the correct thing. If not, we are on the TA Connie cruise on 5/7, and I definitely will speak with the folks at Ocean Liners and others onboard at that time about resolution or other compensation then, bringing along a copy of my confirmation email for the reservations on April 8 that we had to cancel!!

Archived