Has anyone taken a tour of Saba from St. Martaan?

I've been investigating taking a tour of the island of Saba with my husband when we are in port 4/24, and have read that the cost is $90 pp for the tour, which includes taxi and lunch, or $60 for the RT boat transportation. I remember going to Saba on a windjammer tour, and loved it! It isn't on any other cruise ship port list, and I was so enamoured with Saba, I would love for my husband to see it, and am even willing to give up our one day in St. Martaan to do it. Before deciding for sure, I was hoping one of my fellow ccer's could help me out with a recommendation? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Saba is great, but I wouldn't consider giving up a St. Maarten day unless you've been there several times before and know what the island has to offer.

I've got video of a flight over to Saba from St. Maarten posted in my Yahoo Briefcase. Go to the SXM folder and look for Saba.

I agree with Gary, and I also had another thought. When you mentioned a "tour", is this a tour being offered through your cruiseline? If not, I wouldn't touch it -- a lot can go wrong between the AC Wathey Pier and Saba, and if you are delayed you'll miss the ship. All you need is a flight delay, cancellation or overbooking (and there are lots of those on Saba run) and your stop in SXM becomes a day -- and maybe several! -- of stress. The ferry crossing is pretty reliable, but it can be rough, leaving you green around the gills. :eek: If I were you, I'd enjoy SXM and leave the Saba tour for another trip!

First, watch Gary's video footage (it's wonderful!) and then look at these pics:

http://www.dfield.ca/NewPicsDec00/Frameset/Frameset1.html

http://www.sabatourism.com/photogallery.html

Make do with a cybervisit until you have lots of time to explore and really appreciate this amazing little jewel of an island.

Clasina

Archived