Pride of America - Dec 10th Hawaii Cruise

Kruz Guys

We are thinking about joining this cruise - It looks terrific and this would be our first adventure in Hawaii. However, we have a couple of questions. Perhaps those of you who have been before can help us out :)

Does anyone know if there are any noise issues with the Suites on Deck 12 which appear to be directly beneath the Diamond Head Auditorium and the Lanai Bar and Loung? We've been in a suite (on a different cruise ship) that was right below a popular Cafe and we had scraping noises from chairs and food carts being rolled around. It wasn't impossible but it sure damped our suite experience. Don't want to repeat that experience this time.

Also, for those who have been to Hawii before, is there a lot to do for travelers who are elderly and not into swimming, snorkeling, or scuba diving? We are pretty laid back and easy going and would love to see the beautiful scenery, flowers, people, etc. without a lot of rough roads and climbing.

Would appreciate any help and information you can share.

Thanks.

We're on the POA the week before you...

I can't speak from personal experience, but when we were looking at whether or not to book suite 12502, I remember seeing a response that the Auditorium is used mostly for talks and meetings and aren't really used that often at night. The post is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1277880

We travel to Hawaii quite often and there are lots of things to do outside of typical beach activities. The itinerary is very port intensive, so take the time to explore the volcanoes, play golf, relax and soak in the island spirit. You can always pick up a rental car at each port and self drive yourself around instead of doing the ship's excursions.

Drop me an email and if we can help with other advice... Too bad we'll miss each other...

--alex

We're on the POA the week before you...

I can't speak from personal experience, but when we were looking at whether or not to book suite 12502, I remember seeing a response that the Auditorium is used mostly for talks and meetings and aren't really used that often at night. The post is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1277880

We travel to Hawaii quite often and there are lots of things to do outside of typical beach activities. The itinerary is very port intensive, so take the time to explore the volcanoes, play golf, relax and soak in the island spirit. You can always pick up a rental car at each port and self drive yourself around instead of doing the ship's excursions.

Drop me an email and if we can help with other advice... Too bad we'll miss each other...

--alex

Thanks for the info and post. Sounds like a great trip. Tom and I haven't booked anything yet but hope to soon. We'll keep in touch.

Thanks again,

Kruz Guys

Stephen & Tom

stephenandtom@att.net

Archived