aside from Eden's rock

SLPloves2cruise

We take the city bus to Cementary beach. $2.50 pp each way. Hell is a bit father down line if you want to visit hell. There is no bathroom or dressing rooms or food ect. it is a sandy beach with a few tress.

We also like Cheeseburger reef(Burger King). There is two Burger kings-this one is on the water side of the road.

A perfect day for us is____ We walk to Cheeseburger reef. Huge Tarpons and parrot fish here. This is not a beach, watch your step for broken glass.I wear water shoes into water and change into my fins on sandy area.This place is about a 10 minute walk from ship. After you have a burger or walk up road to grocery store(10 minute walk, store is on left side of road) for some drinks, snacks, water ect. Hop on city bus to cementary beach. I love the sand andvthe family snorkles. Not the best snorkling but perfect for beginners or childeren or older folks like me.

After our day of fun we walk the beach toward the ship. It is a 5 mile walk back. We walk back to Tiki hut(not sure maybe 40 minute walk), use bathroom. Drinks are pricey here but good. We only use bathroom and walk out to road and get city bus back to pier area. Husband goes back to ship. I shop a bit and return to ship.

This is our perfect day. Cost $7.50 for 3 each way on bus, lunch and a few sodas from the store.

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Take the bus to cemetery beach. Very good snorkeling and close. No ameneties and very few people. To catch the bus you have to turn left and walk to the light just past the rum cake place and cross the street and walk away from the water. The next block is a park with a fountain. You can cut over anywhere along the dock area and go 1 block inland and look for a park with a fountain in front of an official looking building. Across from the park you will see the van/busses facing the park. It is a bus depot of sorts. They will gladly answer any questions but 7 mile beach bus has a WB on the front. We went to Cemetery Beach and had a great time hangin' and snorkeling. Very good for both. The people on the bus are extremely nice. Every time we stopped everyone said good morning to the person climbing in and they all were thank you and how are you and just so polite. $2.50 per person USD, best deal on the island.

Archived