Cozumel watersports?

neptune18

Used them in 2010, good folks. Good communications, email, etc. Boat in excellent shape. Snorkle equip in fair shape. Got them to sail us down to Paradise Beach for dropoff versus going back to their pier. We were a party of 8, had the boat to ourselves.

From any cruise terminal, it is only a short taxi ride - but hard to get a cheap price, as the taxi drivers were wanting a longer fare. But way too far to walk.

They have been very professional in their services, we did the Catamaran Sail and Snorkel Tour and the Beach Break with their staff and are very satisfied. One of the confirmations did only arrive 2 days after reservations but it turned out to be in out spam inbox, other than that we can recommend their services as recommended by the Triumph purser.

They were very professional in booking the all inclusive at the ocean beach club, everything worked out perfectly. We sure were a bit hesitating to book online for a package in Mexico but at the end I can only recommend them.

I'm clearly in the minority, but I've had trouble with them in the past. I did the tequila seminar at Mr Sancho's in 2009 and 2010. For the 2009 trip Cozumel Watersports wouldn't answer any of my emails (four attempts), and finally Mr Sancho's let me book it directly through them. In 2010 I was able to book through CW, but when I arrived at Mr Sancho's they had no record of my reservation. Fortunately I had brought the confirmation with me and Mr Sancho's honored it and immediately set everything up for my group. I did not follow-up to complain to CW afterward, mainly because a) Mr Sancho's fixed everything and b) in 2009 they were totally non-responsive to all my attempts at communication anyway. My advice would be to be sure you have the printed confirmation with you if you choose to book through them, or anyone really.

I had a good customer service experience with Cozumel Watersports. We booked Ocean Resort through them and paid the deposit through PayPal. The experience at Ocean Resort was another story. I E-mailed Quinn to explain what happened during our day there. I told him I just wanted to make CWS aware of an issue with one particular waiter. He told me he looked into the situation and with what the resort had to say, and the corroboration from another CC member who was there, he was refunding the money we paid to Cozumel Water Sports for the deposit. I told him that was not necessary, but they refunded the money anyway. I would use them again. They stand behind what they sell.

@calmpets You should have followed up with CWS. Quinn really does try to keep on top of things - they probably would have refunded any deposit you paid for Mr. Sanchos to make up for the error.

• 2 weeks later...

This apparently will also be a minority report. We were on the LOS the first week of Jan 2011. Six of us had the catamaran snorkel excursion booked and paid for in advance. We arrived at the dock 15 mins early for boarding only to find the boat was already heading out to sea. The dock staff said " sorry, we were over booked , we will refund the money". Obviously we were very disappointed. Not a good showing for Cozumel Watersports.

Archived