Has anyone ever used Priceline to stay at the Intercontinental Miami?

lkmamom

How was your experience as a Priceline customer? I guess I am a little paranoid at this point. I have been reading some bad press with this hotel on Trip Advisor, and we did bid with Priceline and received this hotel for an excellent price. Apparently, it has happened a few times, that the hotel has told people that have used Priceline, or Lastminutetravel, that their room was not available, because the current occupant had flight problems, and they were shifted to another hotel far away.We were happy with this hotel because it is close to the pier.

I really hope this does not happen to us. I just called the hotel to confirm our reservation, and the person that I spoke with on the phone was very abrupt and rude.

Trying to stay calm.......

My thanks to both of you. As I said, I guess I am paranoid. I have just never encountered a conversation like I had with the receptionist I spoke with. Hope it works for as it has for the both of you :)

Transportation for South Fla (Palm Beach to Ft Lauderdale) You can take Tri-Rail to Griffin Rd Exit.......SAS will pick you up at the Tri-Rail station and take you to the Miami Port. $15.00 I assume. I called today and they told me they would pick me up at the Griffin Road station. Can't beat that.

RCCL took the 3 and 4 day cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale but there are a lot of good deals on several lines going out of Miami. I think RCCL is making a mistake because people are going to find out all of the transportation options of going out of Miami. You've got Carnival, NCL and RCCL with 3 and 4 day cruises at Miami.

I got off of Navigatorof the Seas (FTL) today and came home and made reservations out of Miami for my next 4 day.

I used Last Minute Travel to book the Intercontinental last year. Only problem that we had (which was not really a problem after all) was that we arrived at the hotel at 11:00 a.m. and attempted to check in. We were told that there would be an early check in fee of $100 or that if we waited until noon, that provided a room was available, that we could then check in at that time. Well... we waited in the lobby for 1 hr as it was raining outside quite heavily, and at 12:05 proceeded to the front desk to check in. I requested a bayview room on a higher floor so we could view the ships in port and was told that they could accomodate my request for an upgrade fee of $20.00 which I was more than glad to pay. I find that if you are quite pleasant and kind when checking in or when reaching a hotel via phone... you usually get the same type of response back. Give it a day or two and try phoning again. If you phoned during the day this time, try phoning at night. I'm sure all will work out fine with you.:)

I used Last Minute Travel to book the Intercontinental last year. Only problem that we had (which was not really a problem after all) was that we arrived at the hotel at 11:00 a.m. and attempted to check in. We were told that there would be an early check in fee of $100 or that if we waited until noon, that provided a room was available, that we could then check in at that time. Well... we waited in the lobby for 1 hr as it was raining outside quite heavily, and at 12:05 proceeded to the front desk to check in. I requested a bayview room on a higher floor so we could view the ships in port and was told that they could accomodate my request for an upgrade fee of $20.00 which I was more than glad to pay. I find that if you are quite pleasant and kind when checking in or when reaching a hotel via phone... you usually get the same type of response back. Give it a day or two and try phoning again. If you phoned during the day this time, try phoning at night. I'm sure all will work out fine with you.:)

Thank you....I was very nice when I spoke with the lady. I told her that we were really excited to see Miami, it is our first trip there. She said something I could not understand then said alright then, goodbye. No, is there anything else I can help you with, or thank you for calling the Intercontinental. We have been all over the world, this is the first time this has happened. Maybe she was having a bad day....I will report back when we return from our cruise......

I requested a bayview room on a higher floor so we could view the ships in port and was told that they could accomodate my request for an upgrade fee of $20.00 which I was more than glad to pay. :)

I called and requested a King room. Upon arrival the only king room available was a Bayview. They asked if I would take that. Ummmm, yeah.

You may have gotten them at a busy check-in/out time. I have never had anything but wonderful communication with them (minus the language barrier at times)

Thank you....I was very nice when I spoke with the lady. I told her that we were really excited to see Miami, it is our first trip there. She said something I could not understand then said alright then, goodbye. No, is there anything else I can help you with, or thank you for calling the Intercontinental. We have been all over the world, this is the first time this has happened. Maybe she was having a bad day....I will report back when we return from our cruise......

Archived