Should we rent a car?

drdaddy

I know this is the Alaska forum but the Canada forum is kind of quiet. And anyways, many of us end up in Vancouver during their trip.

I have a couple of questions now that the cruise is getting closer.

I will be arriving late into YVR (9 PM) and will cab it to the Pan Pacific. The next day we thought to do the trolley thing. The entertainment book would probably be a wash for us considering there is a $1 off coupon on the Trolley website. So, should I do this or rent a car for the 1 1/2 days? I figure the cab is $30 American and the trolley is around $22 American, each. I can get a deal through Alamo for around $111 American. But what about the parking fee at the hotel and around the shopping areas and Chinatown? Anyone have any thoughts?

Also, when my wife heard the the Pan Pacific has an Italian buffet Friday night, her pasta hormones kicked in so we have a res. Anyone done that before? It is right in the Hotel so it is pretty convenient.

Thanks for the input

You need to determine what activites you are looking at in Vancouver??? Parking is scarce and usually costly. If you are looking at the trolley sites than that would be my recommendation, if looking for drives out of Vancouver then you need the car. It is a congested city no freeways until out of the large city area. With only one day and if your priority is seeing the downtown area, then you don't need a car.

Archived