First time taking teens... clubs?

williamson_ja

I'll have kids in Club O2 and Circle C. Do they close during meal times like the little kids clubs, or is it different? Also, Do they plan all their fun activities around having early seating? Some of my kids are much older teens, so I couldn't imagine that their activities would be based on having early seating, but I thought I read somewhere that they were. :rolleyes: Who's brought teens along and can help? I'm still trying to figure out what dining time to take (while everything is still available).

I'll have kids in Club O2 and Circle C. Do they close during meal times like the little kids clubs, or is it different? Also, Do they plan all their fun activities around having early seating? Some of my kids are much older teens, so I couldn't imagine that their activities would be based on having early seating, but I thought I read somewhere that they were. :rolleyes: Who's brought teens along and can help? I'm still trying to figure out what dining time to take (while everything is still available).

We took our kids in October ( 13 and 16)..we chose early dining so it gave them the opportunity to join in some of the teen activities, which usually started around 7:30 or so. I will double check the capers for you and let you know for sure...unless someone beats me to it!

Dinner as a family was the ONE rule we had while cruising..other than a midnight curfew/check in anyway. The girls were usually spotted several times during the day, and they were always together, as we cruised at a very 'kid light' time. We also cruised with our 'Freedom Family', so they were spotted several times by many pairs of eyes!! :)

In my experience, the Circle C and O2 activities are planned assuming that everyone has early seating, which annoys me greatly. We prefer the late seating for several reasons. On our last cruise, we gave our girls a couple of nights off from dinner, so that they wouldn't miss anything on those evenings. We also let them skip dessert on the nights that they ate with us. (I know, it seems crazy, but there is always the ice cream machine if they get a craving for a treat!) This worked out okay - it gave the adults a chance to talk and relax over dessert and a last glass of wine. :D

In my experience, the Circle C and O2 activities are planned assuming that everyone has early seating, which annoys me greatly.

Bummer. That is really just kind of annoying. Most teens are total night owls, so why would they want to be eating dinner at 6:00? The problem for us is that since we live out west, it's really 4:00 our time. We are also traveling with a large party (7) and so any time dining wouldn't work too well either. I know my kids are going to want to take part in the activities. Guess I'll just have to suck it up and eat early.

Eating dinner together is a required activity for the cruise. I might skip out one night for dinner in the steak house with my dh, but other than that, we'll be eating together every night.

You could do 'anytime' and maybe eat closer to 7 or 7:30? I dunno..in looking at the Circle C capers, there is a 1/2 hour 'game time' between 8:30 and 9.. then the evening 'party'..charades, brain teasers...

so, it could be conceivable they could make the 'fun'?

You could do 'anytime' and maybe eat closer to 7 or 7:30? I dunno..in looking at the Circle C capers, there is a 1/2 hour 'game time' between 8:30 and 9.. then the evening 'party'..charades, brain teasers...

so, it could be conceivable they could make the 'fun'?

We have a party of 7 and I've heard that any time dining for a party that large is almost impossible. Anyone know for sure?

But for the older kids- activities are a small part of the club. A lot of it is hanging out with new people which happens if there is an activity or not. We do early meals just because we do (how can you do room service at 9pm if you are still in the dining room? And pizza? And ice cream?).

We have a party of 7 and I've heard that any time dining for a party that large is almost impossible. Anyone know for sure?

That I can't tell you for sure..we were a party of 5 and had no problem on the Inspiration last month...

My oldest was seen frequently with ice cream in her hand even late at night...and pizza runs, and chicken fingers.....

A lot of the older kid activities don't really get going until around 10pm or so. We had the early seating to accommodate my daughter, but she ended up having dinner and going with us to the show before she went to meet up with her friends. Kids come and go throughout the program and don't attend everything. It should be fine going in later.

We were on the Victory with 3 teens (12, 13, and 14). We had early seating and the kids were always done in time to join the group. Many times the group would go to a show together and start the activities after the show. Many times the kids would not join the group until around 9 or so and then they were typically back by 12.

Archived