Which dock ??

mjlajames

I'm sailing on the Caribbean Princess May 8th out of New York. There are a number of ports that have different possible docking locations and was wondering if they dock at the same place each time or are scheduled for different places. I think I saw a web site on here about docking locations. One example is in San Juan. Old San Juan or across the bay. Any help would be appreciated.

Princess Cruises depart from Brooklyn - Red Hook

Directions to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal Pier 12 for Princess sailings, Bowne Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11231:

From I-95 north: Exit 13 onto Rt. 278, go across Verrazano bridge to exit 26 and Hamilton Ave. to end at Van Brunt St., then left 2 blocks to Browne St.to enter terminal.

From Manhattan Via the Battery Tunnel: From Manhattan, take the Battery Tunnel (I-478-E) into Brooklyn. Continue onto the westbound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278-W) and immediately take the first exit on the right: Exit 26- Hamilton Avenue onto the service road. Stay to the left and make a left-U-turn at the intersection of Hamilton Avenue with Clinton Street/9th Street, then continue west along the westbound Hamilton Avenue service road. Continue on the service road to its end at Van Brunt Street. Turn left at Van Brunt Street, travel 2 blocks and then turn right onto Bowne Street to enter the terminal.

From Manhattan Via the Brooklyn or Manhattan Bridges, and from LaGuardia Airport: From the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges, or LaGuardia Airport, get onto the westbound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278-W) and take Exit 26 - Hamilton Avenue onto the service road. Stay to the left and make a left-U-turn at the intersection of Hamilton Avenue with Clinton Street/9th Street, then continue west along the westbound Hamilton Avenue service road. Continue on the service road to its end at Van Brunt Street. Turn left at Van Brunt Street, travel 2 blocks and then turn right onto Bowne Street to enter the terminal.

From John F. Kennedy Airport: >From John F. Kennedy Airport, get onto the eastbound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278-E) to Exit 26- Hamilton Avenue. After exit, continue along westbound Hamilton Avenue service road. Continue on the service road to its end at Van Brunt Street. Turn left at Van Brunt Street, travel 2 blocks and then turn right onto Bowne Street.

Parking is $18 per day.

http://www.nycruiseterminal.com

I'm sailing on the Caribbean Princess May 8th out of New York. There are a number of ports that have different possible docking locations and was wondering if they dock at the same place each time or are scheduled for different places. I think I saw a web site on here about docking locations. One example is in San Juan. Old San Juan or across the bay. Any help would be appreciated.

As I understand it, ships stopping for the day in San Juan dock in Old San Juan (right across the street from town). The other dock is used for ships starting from San Juan.

Archived