Funny Cruise Ship Horn Battles...anyone experience them?

abisha

I came across some cruise ship horn battles on You Tube and got such a kick out of them...very funny! All of the people up on the decks and on their balconies laugh and cheer them on as well...all the more fun. Has anyone experienced these? I was wondering if this happens quite often. It appears to be a "fun comeradery" between the officers on the bridges of each of the ships (a "my horn is louder than your horn" game). Or is it just a once in awhile thing? Of course, it seems no one can beat DCL's horn... to the tune of "When You Wish Upon a Star" and "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"...very clever! I hope I get to experience it when I'm on the Destiny, so I took a peek at the port schedules on the dates I sail to see what other ships were at the same ports as Destiny. Maybe the Destiny will start one..or reciprocate.

:D

I came across some cruise ship horn battles on You Tube and got such a kick out of them...very funny! All of the people up on the decks and on their balconies laugh and cheer them on as well...all the more fun. Has anyone experienced these? I was wondering if this happens quite often. It appears to be a "fun comeradery" between the officers on the bridges of each of the ships (a "my horn is louder than your horn" game). Or is it just a once in awhile thing? Of course, it seems no one can beat DCL's horn... to the tune of "When You Wish Upon a Star" and "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"...very clever! I hope I get to experience it when I'm on the Destiny, so I took a peek at the port schedules on the dates I sail to see what other ships were at the same ports as Destiny. Maybe the Destiny will start one..or reciprocate.

YES !!!!! In Miami while on Triumph and Victory....it was so so so cool !!!! everyone out on the decks are screaming and whistling back and forth between ships....it is an amazing start to a great cruise...I hope you can experience it too :D

Only a couple in all of my cruises. Once going into Key West passing another RCI ship, and once in Cozumel a loooong time ago between my ship (Carnival but can't remember which one) and another CCL ship.

There's a lot of great videos on youtube with the horn battles though. And yeah, Disney usually wins when involved, gotta give it to them... They do have a pretty cool horn, lol.

Sailing from Progreso the Ecstasy and the Triumph exchanged whistle salutes for quite a while... folks were plugging their ears and running off the open decks. I love the sound of the ship's horn! I have it as a ringtone...

:)

Sailing from Progreso the Ecstasy and the Triumph exchanged whistle salutes for quite a while... folks were plugging their ears and running off the open decks. I love the sound of the ship's horn! I have it as a ringtone...

My ring tone too! Now I've got to check out youtube LOL!;)

On our last Ecstasy Cruise we got delayed due to fog. Whenever the ship was underway at sea the Ships (Fog) Horn would Sound for 5 secs every 2 minutes, if I recall correctly. I recorded it and now have a great ring tone for my phone. :-)

Once out of St.Thomas and it was between all six ships berthed or tendered there. Went on for about 30 minutes at various times as the ships began to sail away. We were on Majesty, I forget the others except QE2. Her horn had a British accent.

We did while aboard the Glory leaving Port Canaveral, the other ship was a Disney ship. It was fantastic to see these two mega liners in open sea and people were just having a great time waving off one another. I have mini binoculars and was checking out the folks on the Disney ship.

]folks were plugging their ears and running off the open decks. I love the sound of the ship's horn!

I love it too, Mach - it hasn't chased me off the open decks yet! We had a great horn battle between Conquest and Valor last year in Cozumel. A lot of fun, with folks cheering and waving across the pier.

YEs !! when we were in St Thomas another carnival ship was leaving right next to us, we had battle of the horns for a while, the ships were docked very close to each other, everyone was on the deck screaming at each other, one guy on our ship mooned the other ship!:D Very Funny!!!!

haven't been part of the battles, but on our first cruise we were up front upon sailaway, and us not knowing any better positioned ourselves in this nice open spot right in the front middle. At the time the horn sounded I about filled my shorts with something that would make John Heald blush.

a couple of years ago we were on the Glory getting ready to leave Cozumel....watching the people getting on the boat....next thing you know the horn start blowing.....Glory horn sounded like it was in need of repair higher pitch than the usual horn......then Ectasy blew hers and made the Glory's sound pitiful.......next thing we knew they were trading horn blows back and forth......the Glory finally got her horn to blow with the deep sound we are used to. But is was hilarious while it was going on:D

I would love to have that ring tone!! Where did you get it? Would you mind sharing? :)

Archived