Confused about snorkeling in Belize

mitsugirly

When I started researching ports of call (Belize is one of them) months ago, I swear I read somewhere that Belize was suppose to have the 2nd largest reef in the world and great snorkeling.

Now that I've been booking my excursions for my upcoming cruise in September, I can't seem to find many people talking about anything spectacular as far as snorkeling places in Belize.

Was I mistaken? Or is there an awesome place for snorkeling here?

It seems like most people talk about tubing there instead. I'm thinking maybe that is a better choice for us. :confused:

You were not mistaken. There is nothing in the world that compares to Belize. Unfortunately. The reef is far away from Belize City. You must take an excursion out to the reef. there is no snorkeling in Belize City.

I live in San Pedro on Ambergris Caye. I watch the waves out on the reef every day on the way to work. But even living here, one must find a boat operator to get out to it.

The excursions you will see are for Holchan and shark-ray alley.

Cave tubing is all on the main land, so it is a easy drive and some cruise passengers like that better.

This is one of the boats we use. Full of us Local Gringos

stp86363.jpg

The best snorkeling we have found in Belize is the non ships tour with Coral Breeze Tours.

Look up their site for all of their info.

We have gone with them two times each year & always have had a fine time.

We also enjoy the local lunch available with this tour on Caye Caulker.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

I live in San Pedro on Ambergris Caye. I watch the waves out on the reef every day on the way to work. But even living here, one must find a boat operator to get out to it.

This is one of the boats we use. Full of us Local Gringos

stp86363.jpg

I am planning a trip to San Pedro for the end of Jan 2012 for Jerry Jeffs Camp Belize. I'm looking for a houe or condo to rent for the week. I've checked VRBO & found a few that looked promising but I am unsure. Do you know of any that are walking distance to town/Wet Willies. Also thinking of retiring somewhere on Ambergris Caye. Please e-mail me edvonw@roadrunner.com Thanks btw nice boat.

Archived