Help Me Plan Our Day?

Cindyrella

Hi There,

We will be arriving in Key West at 3:00 pm and departing at midnight.

Here are my ideas for our time in port:

-I thought we might take the trolley tour, my husband likes the idea of getting on and off but I don't know if he has considered that the next trolley is in 30 minutes. Will there be time to dothe whole route?

-Watch the festival at sunset--BTW what time will sunset be at the end of March?

-Have dinner somewhere that's not too rowdy--we;ll have two 17 yr. old girls with us

-Shop a little

-Visit Margaritville for a t-shirt

That doesn't seem to take up too much time, what am I missing?? Any great ideas of stuff to do that teens might like?

BTW what time will sunset be at the end of March?

On March 29th sunset will occur at 6:42pm. Sunset celebration activities will be underway by 6:00pm. Restaurants will quickly fill up immediately after sunset.

Kal's suggestion, The Cafe, is excellent. We have company in town who are vegans, and we went there two nights ago. It was delicious! We had a stir fry, some spring rolls, and a pasta dish. They were all very good and it made me realize that vegan cuisine is much more sophisticated than I knew. The Cafe also offers dishes that aren't vegan, so that vegetarians have lots to choose from.

They are located just off of Duval Street on Southard Street. If you are walking up Duval from the cruise ship docks, turn left onto Southard and it'll be a couple storefronts on the lefthand side of the street.

In the lobby of the La Concha hotel (right on Duval) the Original Ghost Tour leaves . THIS TRIP WAS THE MOST GOOD CLEAN FUN I HAD IN KEY WEST! I've been there many times but this was probably the most memorable thing we did! It was just a BLAST! I can't say enough good about it. not only did you get a nice walking tour of the "old" part of Key West and some really neat "unpublished" history, but we met a lot of new friends and just overall had a wonderful time. The tours do fill up, so you might want to call down to the La Concha and reserve your spot. The first tour leaves at 8 (I think) so you'd have plenty of time to catch the fun that is Mallory Square sunset. Plan ABOUT 2 hours, but it shouldn't take that long. It's not overly expensive either...

That's my recommendation. You'll be GLAD you did. There are a couple "knock off" ghost tours that aren't as good as the one that leaves from the La Concha hotel lobby! :)

HAVE SO MUCH FUN!

Archived