Favorite Resturant in San Juan

smoothdancer

I will be in San Juan for 4 days...

Tell me your favorite resturant. I am looking for reasonable priced local and also 4-5 star

You didn't say where you wanted to eat, but here are some suggestions:

Reasonably priced local food: Casa Blanca in Santurce (ask concierge or taxi driver for address); Bebo's Cafe on Loiza Street; Metropol in Isla Verde near the airport (more Cuban than Puerto Rican). Raices in Old San Juan has very good local food and a great location which might allow you to combine sightseeing with eating, but is somewhat pricier than the others.

4-5 Star: Pikayo at the Condado Plaza Hotel - Outstanding interpretations of local favorites with quality ingredients; used to be located in the Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico but has relocated to the hotel; Augusto's at the Courtyard in Miramar - Continental cuisine; although the chef who made it famous is no longer there, still a high-quality meal; Parrot Club/Dragonfly/Aguaviva/Toro Salao, all in Old San Juan - These restaurants are all owned by the same group, are within the same block or so of Old San Juan, and each puts out good quality food with a different focus for each; Miró in Condado - Excellent Catalan seafood restaurant.

There are also the U.S. steak chains, including Morton's (Caribe Hilton), Ruths Chris (Intercontinental) and The Palm (El San Juan). The PR versions are essentially the same as the stateside locations.

Enjoy.

Archived