Buying Liquor in Advance vs. Later Onboard

Zezzie

I'm debating about purchasing a bottle - or two! :) of liquor in advance to have delivered to our stateroom. If I decide not to do this, is it possible to purchase those same large bottles once on board? For some reason I'm thinking I can't but wanted to double check. Thanks!

Yep it won't be a problem as KK said.

Benefit of ordering pre-cruise: You pay for it before your trip so it won't be added into your onboard account, making you feel like you didn't spend as much. But if you have it delivered to your stateroom while you are still in port you are subject to local taxes (which will probably be around $2 or $3).

I went to 2 different bars on the Veendam after sailing from Buenos Aires, and in both places, was directed back to my cabin and told to use room service. I don't know if this is typical, or was a fluke on that cruise and/or ship.

can anyone tell me where on the Holland America website you can do this? RCL has wine packages that you can pre-order on the same page as booking spa, etc. but I can't seem to find anything on HA.

Go to the HAL website and on the right side at the top you will see Before You Go. From there click on Book Shore Excursions, Spa and Indulgences. The wine packages will be listed under Indulgences.

Archived