Ideas for improving HAL wikipedia page? Tell me!

Hi all,

I'm planning to make some much needed updates to the Holland America Line page on wikipedia. I thought I would revise the current fleet listing, which (for most vessels) only shows ship, EIS year and SOE upgrade year. Since the entire fleet has now had the SOE enhancements for some time, so I think this info can be moved to the specific ship pages and left off the main HAL page.

What I'd like to do is create a table with only the most vital statistics for each ship, and then have that table be sortable by column. I’m thinking the columns should be Class, Name, EIS year, Gross Tonnage, Passenger Complement, Passenger Decks, Modifications/Updates and Notes.

I think Modifications/Updates would be really useful for users who want to see at a glance which ships have Mix, Showroom at Sea, Lanai accommodations, the Retreat concept, etc. The Notes column would be the proper place to note planned changes/issues - like Veendam’s Retreat "poolette" being swapped out for a real aft pool, for instance.

Below the table, I'd add a short description of each class, similar to dougnewmanatsea's excellent sticky on the HAL fleet.

Anyone have ideas for how to make this page even more useful? As a next step, I'd like to add more HAL history, images and current information, plus more detailed ship info on the individual vessel pages... But one thing at a time.

Thanks for your thoughts, ideas and suggestions.

John

Archived