Vancouver Tours

lauriebird

yes. Capilano takes only an hr or two. There is a free shuttle there from Canada Place. The HOHO buses do a short loop around the city. Depending on where you want to get off will depend on how much time you spend. Personally I'd spend the free time at Grouse Mtn if the weather is clear and your a walker. The views are spectacular.

check and see if land/sea tours is still doing tours. i went on their tour before my cruise and it was great. they picked me up at my airport hotel with my luggage. then we went too granville island, stanley park, the suspension bridge and grouse mt. we were dropped off at the dock afterwards. of course you are on their time frame but we had plenty of time too spend at each place too get a taste of vancouver. have a great time.

I'm considering doing this tour:

http://www.bcpassport.com/vancouver-tours/bus-tours/grouse.aspx

Does this sound like a good idea or should we do it on our own? It's $135 CAD per person. Thanks for the help.

grouse mountain is so much fun. at the top when you get off the tram there is a movie you can watch. many walking trails, carved statues and different things too see. they held a lumberjack show of some sort also at a certain time of day. i wanted too go farther up the mt but we did not have time. and dont forget, you will get a cheaper price when you do a rate exchange for u.s. dollars. i love vancouver and some day want to take a real vacation there too spend more time.

That's exactly what we want to do this time too - spend more time in YVR. We've been there twice before, but missed so many of the interesting things there.

Thanks for the info. I definitely want to catch the lumberjack show at Grouse Mtn. I know it's probably a little cheesy, but I've always wanted to see one.

That's exactly what we want to do this time too - spend more time in YVR. We've been there twice before, but missed so many of the interesting things there.

Thanks for the info. I definitely want to catch the lumberjack show at Grouse Mtn. I know it's probably a little cheesy, but I've always wanted to see one.

i wish i could have spent the whole day there. have you gone too their site and seen what they have going on?? it has so many things too plan when you are there. im sure the show is a little cheesy but it would be fun. they also had a cub bear there too watch. he was so cute. im not a skier but the runs looked great. and the tram ride was so exciting. i was there in sept and only wore a sweatshirt and pants. have you been too the suspension bridge?? it is kind of scary but if you get across it they give you a certificate. there are wonderful paths and setting areas there. i loved it. have fun.

Haven't been to either place - Capilano Sus. Bridge or Grouse Mtn. The funny thing is that DH is a little afraid of heights. Can't wait to watch him squirm on the bridge. He says he's gonna try it, but even gondolas & hot air balloon rides freak him out. Should be entertaining...:D

Haven't been to either place - Capilano Sus. Bridge or Grouse Mtn. The funny thing is that DH is a little afraid of heights. Can't wait to watch him squirm on the bridge. He says he's gonna try it, but even gondolas & hot air balloon rides freak him out. Should be entertaining...:D

it is really safe and doesnt look that long of a walk if you keep going. tell him too go for it and have fun. :D.

I'm considering doing this tour:

http://www.bcpassport.com/vancouver-tours/bus-tours/grouse.aspx

Does this sound like a good idea or should we do it on our own? It's $135 CAD per person. Thanks for the help.

We are going to Grouse Mountain during our stay in Vancouver as well.

I was looking at the same tour as you have posted but when I researched it many people said that they did not stay long enough to do everything there that they wanted to do.

We are getting up there using public transport (all areas ticket is $9 per day) and that way we can spend as long or as short a time as we want. General admission is only $39-95 for an adult. So it works out a lot cheaper as well.

I guess it depends on if you want the adventure of using public transport to have control of your time or if you want to relax and let somebody else do it for you such as in the tour.

Enjoy it as I am sure you will.

No discount with the US $$$ anymore - the CDN $$$ is now about 5% above the US $$$ - it has been climbing steadily for some time and according to the exports could hit 10% by year end.

I use to be scared stiff of the gondola but have become use to it - don`t look down - it`s eight minutes to the top - if try and find and entry on my blog for a trip up Grouse.

Enjoy your visit.

Cheers

Dennis

No discount with the US $$$ anymore - the CDN $$$ is now about 5% above the US $$$ - it has been climbing steadily for some time and according to the exports could hit 10% by year end.

I use to be scared stiff of the gondola but have become use to it - don`t look down - it`s eight minutes to the top - if try and find and entry on my blog for a trip up Grouse.

Enjoy your visit.

Cheers

Dennis

no exchange??. wow, i can tell im out of sink on a few things . i was there in early 2000 so im probably outdated . :D. i would still go again though.

We are going to Grouse Mountain during our stay in Vancouver as well.

I was looking at the same tour as you have posted but when I researched it many people said that they did not stay long enough to do everything there that they wanted to do.

We are getting up there using public transport (all areas ticket is $9 per day) and that way we can spend as long or as short a time as we want. General admission is only $39-95 for an adult. So it works out a lot cheaper as well.

I guess it depends on if you want the adventure of using public transport to have control of your time or if you want to relax and let somebody else do it for you such as in the tour.

Enjoy it as I am sure you will.

i would do the same. i got into vancouver late at night and did the tour before getting on the ship. i would not have had time after the cruise too do anything, so at the time it worked for me. but the next time i will be on my own time frame as well. i sure wish i was going too be there with you.

Some reasons for the performance of the CDN $$$:

Oil and abundance of natural resources = high commodity prices = strong $$$

Strong domestic economy and low debt ratio

Weak US $$$

That is why there are three hour lineups at the border crossing this weekend - flocking to the discount and outlet stores jsut the other side of the border.

Cheers

Dennis

Tough call - if the weather is clear and sunny they will enjoy Grouse - seeing the two Grizzly Bears - Coola and Grinder should delight all of them BUT I think get will get more of an education at the Aquarium and even Science World - And NO the shuttle is not free to Grouse - if is free to the Suspension Bridge but you must have tickets to use it.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived