Venice Cruise Terminal

MadMarine

I just received my cruise package for the Med which shows a departure out of San Basilio terminal in Venice. I looked at the Venice terminal website, Venice Terminal Passeggeri, which indicates that the Wind is embarking and departing from Marittima, berth 18. So, I called SilverSea and they said yep, out of San Basilio. Any thoughts about which is actually correct?

Update: I just noticed that the terminal information was last updated on 4/6/11, so I guess it could have changed without the site being updated. Although, the package from SilverSea was sent on 3/22 before the last update to the terminal web site.

We left on a Seabourn cruise from San Basilo. We also saw a Regent ship when we returned. I would assume this is where you will depart from. It is very small, directly across the Canal from the Hilton Mulino Stuckey. We woke up on the morning of our departure to see the Seabourn Spirit pull into port. The other terminal is massive. The huge ships and freight go there. You will much prefer San Basilo.

We too departed from San Basilio a couple of years ago. But it depends on the port authorities and there is a small chance of a switch to the much bigger terminal. For 100% certainty, check out the port agent details supplied with your tickets, and call them on the morning of departure.

Thanks for the feedback. It shouldn't be that big a deal. I'll be using a water taxi to get there and we will pass by San Basilio on the way to Marittima so we can see what ships are docked at San Basilio. Calling the port agent would also clear things up.

Archived