Best way to book celebrity cruise?

caribgirl40

This has probably been discussed too many times, but what is the best way to book a celebrity cruise? When we went to Alaska two years ago, we booked directly with Celebrity and seemed to get a very good deal for two connecting rooms. However, after reading these wonderful boards, it seems many folks use a trusted TA to ensure great prices and rooms. I'm having trouble finding a local TA who knows as much about cruising as you all do. Any recommendations? Also, we are a family of 4 interested in the Constellation 2012 Baltic cruise and would like to book either 2 connecting rooms or a suite that would offer some privacy from our boys (10 and 12). Any opinions? Thanks,

I booked through USAA Fed. Savings Bank...which is our bank. They offer travel services and gave us a discount through them. Later, when prices dropped, they gave me a $300 discount on that drop. They have their own TA (in Scottsdale) that I've spoken with about a few issues.

That's just us. Jodie

While I enjoyed various freeebies when booking with consolidators i now always book directly through Celebrity.

If prices drop, etc. you can contact them directly for adjustments ( prior to final payments) as opposed to hoping a big name company will make the call immedietly. Also, for some issues ( booking errors ) on board, they can say the error was due to a travel agent, once you say it is Celebrity it is much easier. Once had a ship land too late in Miami to catch flights. many spent hours in lines and on-phones while Celebrity handled my flight change ( that i booked myself, not thru them) promptly aand at no cost.

Do not book with the small brick & mortar TA, use one of the large online TA for the best deals. They do volume and will pass the savings on to you. But do shop different TA's for the best deals.

Is to book on board, up to a three category upgrade, up to $300 OBC and only $100 pp down or a X pass that can be used from ashore just like being aboard. Then pass to a TA for more OBC. ~ Ric

That's what we do. We have $600 OBC on our upcoming Caribbean trip, between X and the TA. We use an online one- there's a site where agents will bid for your business and that's how we found ours but we stick with her because she gives good service as well as OBC.

Archived