Marina PH 3 location question

lab_dog_ lover

We are in a veranda concierge A3 port side and need to reply for an upgrade Monday morning. I don't know details as the TA only left message. From the CC posts I know rooms are much bigger but never have read anything about locations. For our particular cruise port seems most desirable but I have never read anything about specific locations to avoid, for noise etc. If price is right guess I should be thrilled no matter where.

Lab Dog Lover,

We just completed the 19 day Miami-Barcelona voyage on Marina.

We became friends with a couple in one of the 2 (7130,7135) aft PH3 suites. They absolutely loved their suite. Their veranda extended around to include a small aft portion which was wonderful for viewing when arriving/departing ports.

We liked the location so much that we have booked it for a voyage next year.

There is a downside. Suites 7130 & 7135 are about 2 feet narrower than the other PH suites. If you want more interior space and don't expect to use the veranda, then one of the other PH suites might be the better choice for you.

The 2 PH3 suites (7128 & 7133) next to the aft suites are the same size as all of the other PH suites. I don't think I would choose one of those since they don't have the expanded veranda, are 4 decks away from the Executive lounge and are all the way aft.

Love your CC name. We have Labs, too.

Colleen

First of all, hi Colleen.

I agree completely with your observation re: preference for more balcony room vs. more interior room. It's a personal choice. I much prefer more interior space but I don't use the balcony that much. I absolutely loved the PH though so any choice is a good one.

Thank you so much. Now hope for one of those two to be available! Whatnis your opinion of even number side (?port) for Venice to Athens? I figured that would be part of my decision to change from veranda to PH.

We have three labs, one choc 14 yr old retired delta therapy dog , one black 8 and one 3 year choc.

We were on the Maiden (Barcelona to Miami for 14 days) in a PH on the 10th floor and then spent 18 days in a PH on the 7th floor (Miami to San Francisco) on the Marina. Both suites are wonderful and there is no drawback to the location. ;)

There was quite a lengthy thread on this subject which might just give you some additional insights / photos.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1379701

Having now experienced 7133 the only thoughts I would add to what you have already heard is that 7133 does have the deeper (extended) balcony (but not the huge acreage that 7135 & 7130 have). These latter rooms are real winners if you plan to use a balcony a great deal (and you benefit from being able to move in and out of shade a great deal more than is possible anywhere else). BUT - be warned that, particularly on a port intensive cruise, you may find that soot from the main exhausts falls onto all these rear balconies. This is not regularly cleaned off and you may find yourself tip-toeing around large clumps of black deposit - and/or treading it onto your carpets. When the ship is under-way the breeze tends to carry the soot away. Sounds silly but it is an issue for all the rear areas of the ship.

As to the location of the exec lounge, we could discern no difference with the concierge lounge which is on deck 7. Neither lounge is labelled or 'access' controlled (rather oddly).

All that said, we would definitely head back to the same deck / location again - it has a rather 'exclusive' and private feel at the dead end of the corridor!

Hope this helps!

Hi Jim, Colleen and Henry - glad to have met you all. My comment is to beware of 11020. When we left Barcelona the ropes still tied down the banging pipe and being on the water side I don't think there were any repairs done to quiet the pipe. Looking forward to Regatta in June. Laura and Betty in Las Vegas

Archived