NCL Star 11/6/11

PaulnKarl

We cruised the Star to Alaska in Sept. 2008. During the Summer months she sails the Alaskan route. It is a wonderful ship with many specialty restaurants and bars. In fact, we only ate in the main dining room twice on our 7 night cruise and enjoyed the specialty restaurants the other nights (for a surcharge of course). You will be impressed with her grand features. Plenty of activities on board that continues way into the late, late night.

The only reason we are not sailing NCL for our next cruise is because Celebrity Cruise Line offer a alcohol drink packages at $39 & $49 per day. Our bar tab alone on the Star was $1300 before any tips were added. I am sure we will save plenty sailing on Celebrity. The only concern for some people, Celebrity seems to attract a more mature cruiser ranging from 40 - 60+ years. Some people prefer a more party atmosphere, where I am quite sure we will enjoy not having all the rowdiness.

I am sure you will have plenty of fun on the Star.

• 3 months later...

We cruised Celebrity in 2009 (Millie to Alaska). Have to say I was a little disappointed, only because I've heard LGBT people say Celebrity is their favorite. We had a great time but their Friends of Dorothy gatherings seemed very haphazard. Our experience of ten cruises is to find HAL and Princess the most gay friendly. (We're 55 & 41) Would do a Holland cruise again in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself.

Chose NCL Star for the price - a steal, and to experience freestyle; but I think its time to try Europe cruises next - maybe MSC out of Rome.

Archived