Egypt Cancellation

I would guess that RCI's lawyers or risk management team is still cautious and would rather upset one or two eager pax than risk exposing them to danger. Althought I agree the State Department status is better than it was, RCI's representatives in Egypt may be advising a longer wait to return. Also, it may take RCI a little longer to re-establish their facilities and re-negotiate excursion contracts.

Be assured OP that RCI has their reasons and they are probably valid.

Look at it this way...getting to Egypt gives you an excuse to book anther cruise. ;)

Give it time. Most cruise lines are being cautious about returning to Egypt, but calls there are slowly re-appearing on itineraries. (I believe Princess just announced a return to Egypt). Cruise lines want to ensure that Egypt is indeed safe enough before confirming their return, instead of announcing a return, only to find themeselves having to cancel again...

I'm not planning on cruising to Egypt for a few more years, but I'm already anxiously looking at itineraries! :)

Archived