Renaissance Fort Lauderdale

5kitty

If you are talking about the 17th st location, the port is across the road, so a taxi would be extremely cheap. I've seen people walk to the port if they were going on Princess.

We stayed there on 4/7 right before we left on the Jewel of the Seas. We got our room through Priceline. It was nice. I gripped a little because it didn't have the free breakfast like the Embasy Suites down the road did but it was still fine. We took a taxi from the hotel to the port (it's a little bit of a walk) and it cost $20. Not to mention dragging 4 suitcases and two kids would not have been fun.

If the price is right it's not a bad hotel.

Just to clarify when I said I've seen people, and also have read people on here saying, they have walked, that was to the Princess terminal which is practically across the road from the Renaissance (about a third of a mile). I'm not saying I would, because luggage would be a pain, but just pointing that others have walked, to illustrate how close the port is to the hotel. I'm surprised the taxi would cost $20 to get to any of the Port Everglades terminals, as the farthest one is still less than 2 miles. The airport is double the distance from the port and usually runs $15 with tip. Must have been a long line at security.

As I recall they offered a shuttle service this winter for $8 pp however you can take a cab for less than $10 including tip. The hotel is nice, the rooms are large and comfortable and is across the parking lot from the Bravo Ristorante and the Bimini Boatyard for dinner.

Archived