dominion hotel in vancouver

I have never stayed at the Dominion or any hotel in or near Gastown. I did a quick look and they have a funky site and it might be fun but Gastown, although nice enough to walk around during the day, would not be my idea of a good neighborhood to stay in. Also don't think of hotels that are chains whose address is Granville Street. These are older buildings and again the street is not too great.

There have been several threads on hotels in Vancouver and if you do a search they will come up. Many are expensive, but there are a number on Robson Street that are reasonable. I like the Coast Plaza on Dennman Street. It is near Stanley Park and the beach at English Bay and a short taxi ride to the pier.

Westin Bayshore was great! We booked it through Priceline and got it for $99 Others in the hotel paid $325! It was a four minute taxi ride to the cruise ship terminal, close enough to Stanley park to walk, and we had a delicious dinner delivered to our room from a local chinese resturaut. The concierge told us it was the place the hotel staff ordered from all the time. The stay at the Westin started out trip off just the right way!

We were also warned not to stay in GasTown.

Archived