What Makes a CC Cabin the cheapest?

Kellie Poodle

I check our 4/20/12 Century cruise every day for potential price drops. I am very curious why the C2 cabins are the cheapest of the veranda cabins with listed prices. One would think that a concierge class cabin would cost more.

Even a 2B is more money than a C2.

Where are these C2 cabins located that, with 5 extra sq. feet., they are $109 less pp than a B2?

I have a 2A booked because I wanted the location and didn't care about CC, so I'm asking merely out of curiosity.

I check our 4/20/12 Century cruise every day for potential price drops. I am very curious why the C2 cabins are the cheapest of the veranda cabins with listed prices. One would think that a concierge class cabin would cost more.

Even a 2B is more money than a C2.

Where are these C2 cabins located that, with 5 extra sq. feet., they are $109 less pp than a B2?

I have a 2A booked because I wanted the location and didn't care about CC, so I'm asking merely out of curiosity.

Supply and Demand...I believe purely to move the inventory.

As a cruise draws near if there is an over abundance of Concierge Cabins they will be sold for less than some of the regular cabins.

Their cruise is a year away though.

There seems to be some really wacky pricing going on with some of Celebrity's sailings; IMHO they seem to have some kind of "bug" in their automated pricing program - at least it can be used in our favor. For example my Holy Land cruise has Aqua Class $2,000 cheaper than Concierge Class and more than $1,000 cheaper than a 2D (fully obstructed balcony) - even though Aqua Class only has a few staterooms left (i.e. there is greater supply in the other balcony stateroom categories, but for some reason Aqua Class is much, much cheaper).

We definitely used this wacky pricing to our advantage and upgraded from a 2C to AQ and saved a lot of $$$ in the process.

Archived