Funded my OBC account with Funship Dollars

ticka1

I put over $400 on my OBC account for my cruise on Ecstay in 9 days. Will I have to add anymore monies to my S&S Account when I board the ship?

Just trying to get all the money where its suppose to belong (tips, shopping in ports and etc)!

Thanks.:D

No, you won't have to add anymore to your account when you board the ship. So long as you don't spend more than that on your cruise you will be fine. On the other hand I would make sure to take extra cash or a credit or debit card just in case. You didn't mention how long your cruise is, but it's easier to spend $400.00 on a cruise ship than you might think. :eek: I funded my last cruise OBC account with funship dollars, and it worked well for me, but I did put considerably more than I thought I needed on the account. I am VERY glad I did. I did not run out of money on my S&S account; but those little charges add up far more quickly than you think. ;)

Let's look @ it this way......If you're on a 4-5 day cruise,out of the $400 you are starting with $320-$300, minus tips. If you feel you can swing it on that amount...go for it. But, as said above take extra just in case, you never KNOW!:) B.T.W.-Happy Aniversary & enjoy your first cruise:D

Stacie.

If you have any left over you get a check the last night.

I take my certificates to the pursers desk that first night- you have spending privileges for 24 hours after you board to put that money down.

If you do not go anywhere near that 400. you will be fine- get close and you get a note in your cabin.

Remember tips will cost 10pp per day

I purchase my FunShip dollars and have them credited directly to my OBC account. That way I don't have to worry about taking the certificates to the purser to have them applied. Cuts out a step I don't want to have to deal with.

No, you won't have to add anymore to your account when you board the ship. So long as you don't spend more than that on your cruise you will be fine. On the other hand I would make sure to take extra cash or a credit or debit card just in case. You didn't mention how long your cruise is, but it's easier to spend $400.00 on a cruise ship than you might think. :eek: I funded my last cruise OBC account with funship dollars, and it worked well for me, but I did put considerably more than I thought I needed on the account. I am VERY glad I did. I did not run out of money on my S&S account; but those little charges add up far more quickly than you think. ;)

So true.... all of the little charges do add up fast!

OP~ You mentioned allocating your money i.e. tips... are you talking about gratuities for the ship or just other tips, i.e. curb porter, taxi driver, etc.? Depending on the duration of your cruise $400.00 may be cutting it close. It's definately doable, but you will have to watch your spending closely. We always prepay our gratuities.... for us it works better to pay the $140.00 before we go and then our FunShip Dollars are all for us to spend on ourselves however we like ;) Have a great cruise!

I purchase my FunShip dollars and have them credited directly to my OBC account. That way I don't have to worry about taking the certificates to the purser to have them applied. Cuts out a step I don't want to have to deal with.

dwayneb236, Do you know how long it takes for the credits to show up on your documents? I purchased some for DD & her fiance last Friday. I did them as 2 transactions because I had a problem with the website. I received an email confirmation that day for DD, but never rec'd anything for her fiance. Our bookings are all linked together.

Thanks!

dwayneb236, Do you know how long it takes for the credits to show up on your documents? I purchased some for DD & her fiance last Friday. I did them as 2 transactions because I had a problem with the website. I received an email confirmation that day for DD, but never rec'd anything for her fiance. Our bookings are all linked together.

Thanks!

Our OBC did not show up until AFTER we got onto the Spirit! They never showed up on my cruise documents and I bought them long before embarkation :) Per the advice of this board, I took my receipts just in case!

Archived