Silly Question: Iron in rooms?

kellilove

There are no irons in the rooms and Carnival does not allow you to bring your own (fire hazard). You can find irons in the common laundry areas. However, there are only one of these areas on each deck and you can imagine the wait for the irons right before dinner, especially formal nights. You may want to do your ironing way before dinner.

If you don't mind, let me know how you like the Valor when you get back. I'll be on it May 1.

no irons or candles are allowed on the ship. they are real fire hazards. a travel steamer or the downey wrinkle releaser in a small spray bottle is good to bring. or the ship laundry as others have said is available. i pack my clothes using the ''' magellon '' fold-over-each-other method with a sheet of tissue paper between the formal wear items and i dont get wrinkles. it works great. their site shows you how to do it. it always works for me.

They have a laundry service.. which I used for my gorgeous linen and silk (the two worst fabrics to ever be put together LOL) skirt, but then I sat in it for dinner... And there went the pressing... :( So, I made three trips that night to the laundry room because I couldnt stand knowing my skirt was wrinkled from sitting in it. It helped that it was litterally right accross from my cabin, and never occupied however. Hopefully you will be as lucky :)

On other cruise lines we send our stuff out to be pressed with our cabin steward or butler. Does Carnival not offer laundry service?

Carnival has a great laundry staff. Also, pick up an inexpensive steamer at Wally World and take with you. The are very helpful.

Dave

no irons or candles are allowed on the ship. they are real fire hazards. a travel steamer or the downey wrinkle releaser in a small spray bottle is good to bring. or the ship laundry as others have said is available. i pack my clothes using the ''' magellon '' fold-over-each-other method with a sheet of tissue paper between the formal wear items and i dont get wrinkles. it works great. their site shows you how to do it. it always works for me.

What site shows this?

Archived