Seattle hotel and transportation questions

JaneyLynn

We are staying at The Silver Cloud Hotel- Broadway and will be taking a Taxi to Pier 91. Last year we took Taxi from Westin and it cost $20.00 and I am thinking it should be about the same from Silver Cloud....anyone know if its more or less?????

Vie Lee

We stayed at the Silver Cloud Hotel- Broadway last May. Once there we asked the Hotel Manager if their shuttle would take us to Pier 91 and he stated that they normally don’t go that far but he would take us. It was great.

• 2 weeks later...

We have sailed out of Seattle several times. Too bad Seattle is I believe hostile to travelers on ships, charging out of this world parking, taking away parking for RVs they always had at piers, Seattle is just out to gouge cruisers wherever they can. I think the unions play a big role in that there. We have tried all the ways to & from things there , living in Oregon being close. The train from Oregon may be the best way for those not in hotel & grab a cab at station & share the fare with others-look for a VAN that can handle 4 or more. Plane? The shuttle from airport to terminal is slow at best- takes time to round up people & may be not the cheap way to go per/person, check with cab co. . We have parked RV at airport parking OFF site for better rates & coupons online at those places, keep checking as the specials come & go. Sorry this comment does not deal with hotels directly but may be helpful to others. We have found that it is hard to find hotels with trans. to cruise dock, maybe not enough business there.

something to check out if u r in a downtown hotel is if Seattle transit in the downtown area is still free as long as u r traveling in that particular area, it was the last time I was there but that was quite awhile ago. John

We stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites on John in Sept. They had a shuttle to the pier for $6 round trip (same price for one way) and $40 for the airport shuttle for up to 4 people. The shuttle will hold more so you can negotiate the price for more people. It is close to the Space Needle. Free breakfast, internet, gym and pool. It may fit your need for a less expensive place to stay after your cruise.

Jen in SoCal

My two sons and I are flying into Seattle the Saturday before our cruise, and we'll be arriving at 1242am <Seattle time>. Our cruise leaves Tuesday, so it's 3 nights in a hotel. We're flying out the day after the end of the cruise. That's the basics.

For the pre-cruise I want to stay at the Sheraton downtown, based on it being within walking distance to all the main attractions. I can't find on Sheraton's website if they have airport and/or cruise terminal shuttle so I'm going to take a wild guess and say they don't. I've searched within the West Coast departures and I can't make heads or tails ....... so I'm going to ask a few questions <and hope it's not been asked before>

My questions are: what is the least expensive way for the three of us to get to the Sheraton from the airport..... and than to the cruise terminal Tuesday morning.

After the cruise~~~

Do any of the hotels offer pick up from the cruise terminal to their property post cruise and shuttle to the airport the next day, if so which ones. Post cruise doesn't have to be close to anything, just inexpensive.

I just read that there are different piers :) We're going on Carnival Spirit... I think it's Pier 91

Archived