When does Celebrity open up shore ex, etc?

Yooper2

Hi,

We just booked a Med trip for May 2012 (aqua class, big balcony). YEAH!!!

Since we're new to Celebrity, I was trying to check out the reservation options. I'm assuming that because it's so far away, that's why nothing is showing up. Whatever tab I open, it says "(shore ex, beverage package, etc.) are not available for this cruise".

My first question is, how far in advance of sailing does Celebrity open up bookings for shore excursions, beverage packages, specialty restaurant reservations, etc.?

My second question is: If you book a shore excursion from Celebrity and later cancel it, do they credit your credit card or give you OBC?

My third question (nothing to do with the website) is: I notice our stateroom is near the library. What is your opinion of the library and the extent of its selection? I know this is very subjective, but I still find it helpful when people say what they think.

Thanks.

Excursions tend to become available about 6 months in advance of the first sailing of the season. This is very approximate and might be earlier or later.

What I mean by season is that I think they wait until they have excursions lined up with subcontractors for the sailing season in a particular area and then they put up the excursions for the whole season. Celebrity's Europe cruising season when runs from late April or early May though the fall. Since your cruise is in May the excursions will be probably be released a bit closer to your cruise date than they will for a cruise to the same area later in the 2012 season.

If you want to get an idea of what will likely be offered for your cruise to start doing some research you can download an excursion brochure from Celebrity's web site for a 2011 cruise that does the same, or similar, itinerary.

If you cancel a booked ship's excursion in advance of your cruise your credit card will receive the refund. If you do it after your cruise begins you will receive an on-board credit as long as it is before the cut off for the excursion date - usually the second evening before your port day.

• 2 months later...
Hi,

We just booked a Med trip for May 2012 (aqua class, big balcony). YEAH!!!

Since we're new to Celebrity, I was trying to check out the reservation options. I'm assuming that because it's so far away, that's why nothing is showing up. Whatever tab I open, it says "(shore ex, beverage package, etc.) are not available for this cruise".

My first question is, how far in advance of sailing does Celebrity open up bookings for shore excursions, beverage packages, specialty restaurant reservations, etc.?

My second question is: If you book a shore excursion from Celebrity and later cancel it, do they credit your credit card or give you OBC?

My third question (nothing to do with the website) is: I notice our stateroom is near the library. What is your opinion of the library and the extent of its selection? I know this is very subjective, but I still find it helpful when people say what they think.

Thanks.

We are on the Century for Christmas/New Year. I am not concerned about excursions, but interested to find out when we will be able book the beverages packages and speciality restaurants? As a first time cruiser on Celebrity will I be able to advance book the specialty restaurant.

With the payment of these - can they be pre- paid?

I was wondering about them too, but from searching posts it seems that it varies a bit by cruise but usually about 3-4 months out. And, yes, I believe they are billed at the time of reservation...some people like that, some don't.

Those cruisers who have actually cruised Celebrity, please correct me if I'm wrong.

We are booked on the 3/5/12 cruise (Silhouette to Caribbean). :) :) :)

I am currently able to book excursions for several of the ports but not all. I will of course wait a few months to actually book (in case there are any changes) but I was surprised to see what's available right now since it's 8 months prior to the cruise.

Connie

We are booked on the 3/5/12 cruise (Silhouette to Caribbean). :) :) :)

I am currently able to book excursions for several of the ports but not all. I will of course wait a few months to actually book (in case there are any changes) but I was surprised to see what's available right now since it's 8 months prior to the cruise.

Connie

Wow!! Thanks for the info, I'll start checking earlier. I was just going to wait until Christmas, but maybe I'll be able to start checking earlier. The only downside is, for me, it's the beginning of the Med season, for you, it's the end of the Caribbean season...Mine may not be available as early if they are still finalizing things.

We are new to Celebrity and also booking the Silhouette in May :D, when bookin excursions, do they need to be paid for at that time (like Royal Caribbean) or does it go to your onboard account (like NCL)? We will have a fairly large obc and would like for that to go toward sime excursions. If we have to pay when making them and have obc credit remaining at the end of the cruise, will that be refunded or is it lost?

Archived