'Bring a friend' promotion

Thank you for letting me know how to check our Bring a friend entry. We don't sail till October on Oasis but we are bringing two couples and I see my promo says "Pending" Maybe they are waiting until 3 months before the cruise when final payment is due to make sure no one is backing out?? Anyways its still in there, thats a relief. We've been on 13 cruises and have never scored any on board credit so I'm excited even if its only a total of $50.00. Also my TA has a promo where we will get an additional 50.00 cabin credit SCORE!!!

Fine print of the Bring a Friend promotion states: "The onboard credit will be applied up to five days before the sail date to Member's reservation." I guess that means that it could read "Pending" up till 5 days before your sale date. I plan on calling C&A the week of my cruise if I do not see the credit has been approved. I already have $200 OBC total for my Enchantment Cruise from my TA and Royal Caribbean but I'm not about to give away an additional $50 without making a fuss.

Don't forget the bookings need to be linked.

can i do that myself or do i have to have the TA do that? shoot I kinda wanted to have dinner seperate for the fact that I like to meet new people and dont want to get sick of them HAHA:rolleyes:

can i do that myself or do i have to have the TA do that? shoot I kinda wanted to have dinner seperate for the fact that I like to meet new people and dont want to get sick of them HAHA:rolleyes:

Actually I may be wrong about having the bookings linked. I thought I had read it in the t&c but can't see it now.

Actually I may be wrong about having the bookings linked. I thought I had read it in the t&c but can't see it now.

ill see if maybe my TA would know but I dont want to out and out say right in front of my SIL that i dont want to go to dinner with them lol

Mine still reads Pending as well. We sail in 12 days (WOHOO!) so will keep checking until the 5th day prior, then I might phone.

My booking isn't linked with my parent's booking though, as we booked through different TAs, and neither are especially approachable. Hope that's not a problem.

We're not eating with them either, apart from plans to have one meal in Portofino's together. They've signed up for My Time Dining, and as previous Princess-cruisers, I think they're expecting it to be anytime dining. I've tried to disabuse them of the notion, but they're not getting it... should be interesting to see how they get on though.

Not sure if this will shed any light on the issue, but we sail in May and after being rejected and calling multiple times for clarification, we were finally told we booked before Jan 21st. What I am unsure about is whether that is when the promotion was implemented or if it relates to a certain period of time before sailing. Either way, fed up of the run-around. We are taking 7 newbies on this sailing.

Not sure if this will shed any light on the issue, but we sail in May and after being rejected and calling multiple times for clarification, we were finally told we booked before Jan 21st. What I am unsure about is whether that is when the promotion was implemented or if it relates to a certain period of time before sailing. Either way, fed up of the run-around. We are taking 7 newbies on this sailing.

We also will be sailing in May and we booked last June when Royal Carribean was offering onboard credit as they unveiled the revised Onboard Booking Program. The Bring a Friend Promotion was implemented in Jan but I didn't see anything in the fine print that the C&A member must be booked after Jan 21st. I thought that only applied to the "Friend" booking.

Offer available only to Crown & Anchor members ("Member") and guests who have not previously sailed with Royal Caribbean ("Friend"). Friend must make a new booking between Jan. 21 - Apr. 30, 2011 and sail on or after Jan. 28, 2011.

I guess we will most likely be denied as well. :( It makes me mad that we are within the guidelines of the "Bring a Friend" Promotion and bringing onboard people new to Royal Caribbean and thousands of dollars. The least they could do is give the $25 / room OBC without all this hassle.

I also filled in the promotion twice, and it said I'd be notified by email. I happened to be on the phone with RCCl and asked about it and they said they don't credit it you till about 1 to 2 weeks before the cruise! hhmm :rolleyes:

I used it quite easily on the Radiance cruise I just returned from on Monday. We just booked the cruise about three weeks ago, and I signed up online. The person I brought with me was in my cabin.

I called RCL a few days before we left an they said it was noted in my account and would appear as a credit once we arrived onboard.

A friend of mine is sailing NOS tomorrow and bringing her sister and mother who both have never sailed w/RCCL. She called C & A last week to make sure she got credit for both of them and they told her you can only get one $25 OBC per cruise! So, those of you bringing more than one new cruiser with you, only get credit for one.:mad: Anybody else have this happen too?

A friend of mine is sailing NOS tomorrow and bringing her sister and mother who both have never sailed w/RCCL. She called C & A last week to make sure she got credit for both of them and they told her you can only get one $25 OBC per cruise! So, those of you bringing more than one new cruiser with you, only get credit for one.:mad: Anybody else have this happen too?

You only get is once per cabin, so if your friend's sister and mother were in the same cabin, she'd only get $25. You can have a maximum number of cabins as well, which I know is 2 cabins for a 5 night cruise, and up to 5 cabins for 6+ night cruises.

From the terms and conditions.

Offer is valid for a maximum of 5 staterooms for 6-night or longer cruises and 2 staterooms for 3-5 night sailings. The onboard credit amount is $25 for each stateroom in which a verified Friend is booked, subject to a maximum of $125 per Member for 6-night or longer sailings and $50 per Member for 5-night or shorter sailings. Limit of one onboard credit per stateroom booked by a Friend; if a person is confirmed as a Friend of a Member, no other Member may receive credit for that person or any other person booked in Friend\'s stateroom. If more than one Offer redemption request is submitted for a person or for a person booked in a Friend’s stateroom, Royal Caribbean will process only the first request received.

[quote name='bearing316']We also will be sailing in May and we booked last June when Royal Carribean was offering onboard credit as they unveiled the revised Onboard Booking Program. The Bring a Friend Promotion was implemented in Jan but I didn't see anything in the fine print that the C&A member must be booked after Jan 21st. I thought that only applied to the "Friend" booking.

[SIZE=1]Offer available only to Crown & Anchor members ("Member") and guests who have not previously sailed with Royal Caribbean ("Friend"). Friend must make a new booking between Jan. 21 - Apr. 30, 2011 and sail on or after Jan. 28, 2011. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]
I guess we will most likely be denied as well. :( It makes me mad that we are within the guidelines of the "Bring a Friend" Promotion and bringing onboard people new to Royal Caribbean and thousands of dollars. The least they could do is give the $25 / room OBC without all this hassle.[/QUOTE]

Your booking can be made any time
The friend's booking must be made after Jan 21 11.
The friend can be in your room or their own room
You get $25 per cabin not per person
You can get credit for up to 5 cabins so to a max of $125
Group bookings not applicable

[quote name='steve1968']Don't forget the bookings need to be linked.[/quote]

How do you link them? My friends booked directly through Rccl and I booked through my credit card. I have their confirmation number and I listed it on the bring a friend application, do I still need to link it?

[quote name='spyder209']How do you link them? My friends booked directly through Rccl and I booked through my credit card. I have their confirmation number and I listed it on the bring a friend application, do I still need to link it?[/quote]

Mine were linked by the TA at time of booking. Not sure if they do actually need to be linked to get the bring a friend credit.

My son Referred his GF for 12/4 Allure on their new booking but then we decided to do an earlier sailing on another ship...so the 12/4 wont be the GF's first sailing...so my son filled in the Referal for the earlier sailing..I wonder what will happen :confused:

Archived