NCL Star, Port or Starboard?

oliverweagle

Hi - we are planning a cruise on the Star next year from New Orleans visiting Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan and Cozumel. We are looking to get one of the aft suites on deck 9. Would you have any preference to a port location (#9732) or starboard (#9232)? We sailed in the Sky last year - and we are now hooked!

Thank you!

Ollie:)

OP.. I believe either of those cabins will be great.. but I can tell you we have been in 9232 twice and loved it. The Star, as far as I know, is the only ship in that class where the Aft corner cabins actually do allow access to the wrap around sections of the balconies, at least on decks 8 and 9. 8-)

If you would like a few pics of that cabin, send me an email at my address below. I don't check it often, but will send you a few pics when I do.

OP.. I believe either of those cabins will be great.. but I can tell you we have been in 9232 twice and loved it. The Star, as far as I know, is the only ship in that class where the Aft corner cabins actually do allow access to the wrap around sections of the balconies, at least on decks 8 and 9. 8-)

If you would like a few pics of that cabin, send me an email at my address below. I don't check it often, but will send you a few pics when I do.

I sent a few pics out to several people from this thread that requested them... I didn't think about it when I sent them but they were from our cruise in 2007, before that cabin got a semi "refurb" in 09. So everything looks the same as the pics I sent out, except the bedspread has changed, etc. But really the room looks very much the same. 8-)

Not sure why it would make much difference. The cabins are mirror images of each other.

As for views, you sail generally south on the first half of the cruise, generally north on the second half, so you get an even mixture of sunrises and sunsets. About the only thing a port or starboard side aft might make a difference on is whether you're looking at the port or out to sea in certain cases when you're docked.

Archived