When is the fastest boarding time to arrive?

6 of us

So when checking in & boarding the ship - is there a time when the crowd is a bit lighter? The 1st cruise I took, our driver from the air port forgot a passenger & had to turn around & go back to get them, so we almost missed the boat, no crowd then haha. But the last 2 cruises we got there about 12:45 or 1:00 & the crowd was massive!! Any inside scoop or is it just the way it is? :D

It's never a guarantee, but in my experience we arrive around 10:30-10:45 and encountered no lines getting thru security and checking in, but you do have to sit for awhile before they actually let you on the ship. We are usually among the first onboard (right behind VIP and the wedding party if someone is getting married that day).

And as you already mentioned, if you arrive right before they stop letting people onboard or at least after 1:30-2:00, the lines will get shorter then too unless an influx of people have late flights or something.

Early... get there early. Most cruise terminals won't let folks into the building before about 10:30 so plan for that. There's two advantages... you'll avoid the crowds and get a very low zone boarding number...

With a non VIP zone 1 or 1 tag you'll board right after the VIP folks. You should be on board, all things being equal, no later than 11:45...

:)

What about for the Pride? It looks like she boards later than other ships? Out of NYC and Tampa we got there at ~10:45 but my e-mail from Carnival suggests 2:00 to 3:30 for the Pride... this seems kind of late to me personally since sailaway is 4:30.

What about for the Pride? It looks like she boards later than other ships? Out of NYC and Tampa we got there at ~10:45 but my e-mail from Carnival suggests 2:00 to 3:30 for the Pride... this seems kind of late to me personally since sailaway is 4:30.

I would arrive early like you normally do.

We arrived in Miami last November for our Destiny cruise at 11:30. I couldn't believe my eyes when we walked in the terminal and there was NO line. We checked in, got our S&S cards and walked right on in under 15 minutes. Quickest boarding we ever had.

We usually get there between 10:30 and 11. One the ship in about 45 minutes. The times you don't want to be there are 1-2 because that's when all the shuttles with folks who bought air/transfers thru CCL arrive.

HAHA, & that is when I ended up getting there, explains much! This has been SO helpful! YOu guys rock! I ended up getting on the boat right before it sails so, it will be nice to get on board early before I have run to the life jacket group - which is not my favorite.

10:30/11:00 is the best experiences we've had..there will be a line to check in, but it moves pretty quickly, and if you are lucky and time it just right, there will be no zone cards to wait for, and you can just get right onboard!

In October, we had some VIP friends get to the port 30 minutes before us...they boarded about 10 minutes before we did..

HAHA, & that is when I ended up getting there, explains much! This has been SO helpful! YOu guys rock! I ended up getting on the boat right before it sails so, it will be nice to get on board early before I have run to the life jacket group - which is not my favorite.

This way you are onboard checked in my noon, have some lunch, walk the ship until your room is ready, relax, have a drink, and by the time muster drill comes around, you'll already be well into vacation mode.

Archived