Sea Princess Aft Mini Balconies

Dizziedi

Hi everyone,

We have booked C744 on the Sea Princess. We have booked it because the balcony seems to be the biggest out of the minis. Can anyone tell me whether the Caribe aft mini balconies are the same size as the Caribe full suite balconies (as they are on the Sun Princess) (hoping, maybe dreaming). If not, are they much smaller?

We had a full suite on the Dawn Princess and the size of the balcony was fantastic and are hopeful that the balconies on the Sea Princess are similar in size.

Thanks

D

Hi everyone,

We have booked C744 on the Sea Princess. We have booked it because the balcony seems to be the biggest out of the minis. Can anyone tell me whether the Caribe aft mini balconies are the same size as the Caribe full suite balconies (as they are on the Sun Princess) (hoping, maybe dreaming). If not, are they much smaller?

We had a full suite on the Dawn Princess and the size of the balcony was fantastic and are hopeful that the balconies on the Sea Princess are similar in size.

Thanks

D

D-I still have my book I kept after researching the aft minis on the Sun Class ships, so I pulled it out. The Caribe aft balcony is definitely larger than what you will find on Dolphin and Baja Decks, but they are not as large as the full suite balconies are, just as deep as they are. The balcony should be about half (or less) the width of the full suite balconies. Our friends had a Caribe Deck aft mini suite, and they thought the balcony would be a lot larger than it actually was. They were a bit disappointed (just being honest).

If I remember correctly, we were on Dolphin Deck in D748 our last cruise on the Sea Princess, and this is a picture of our total balcony in that mini. We could not even put the table between the two lounge chairs, there just was not enough space. Needless to say, we were not all that impressed and spent very little time out there. There were the two lounge chairs and little table, but no small table and chairs to dine at.

2058146090046132864S500x500Q85.jpg

Hi D, we sailed in that mini on a TA a few years ago and loved it. The balcony is larger than the mini's that are on the side of the ship in addition the cabin itself is very large. The cabin as large as any suite we've had, however the balcony is not quite as large. The balcony does have room for loungers as well as a small table and also has cover over half the balcony.

Thanks Toto (knew you'd show up when I needed you) and mycruz also.

As we like to dine on the balcony and hold sailaways, it looks like we might have to swap it for a suite. This cruise starts in SF and ends up in Sydney so there's lots of viewing to be done (especially through NZ Fiordland).

Once again, thanks.

Cheers

Di

I'm not sure the suites would have any bigger balcony since they are right next door, at least on the Caribe deck.

If price is not object then go for the suite and get the suite benefits. If it's just for the two of you, I think you'll have enough room to do what you describe.

I'm not sure the suites would have any bigger balcony since they are right next door, at least on the Caribe deck.

If price is not object then go for the suite and get the suite benefits. If it's just for the two of you, I think you'll have enough room to do what you describe.

Thanks mycruz. I think I saw some snaps you took of the mini we have booked and the balcony from what I could see looked pretty good. We have C744. We did this trip in 2009 in reverse, ie. Sydney to SF. We loved Bora Bora so much that we have decided to fly up to SF and cruise back again. This time also takes in NZ and in particular the Fiordland. As a Kiwi, that is very special to me and to have full view from an aft cabin is a must.

As I think I said previously, we had a full suite on the Dawn Princess and the balcony was huge. We hosted a couple of sailaways and generally dined and had a great time with fellow CCers on that balcony. If you don't think the balcony is going to be big enough, I guess we will upgrade, but apart from balcony size, we are only interested in internet (which we get half-price for platinum) and laundry - laundries on Princess are a sham. The full dining menu is also a plus, so maybe ...

Thanks so much for your advice and if you indeed did have C744 and have anymore photos (specifically of the balcony - any others are a bonus), I'd love to see them to help with the decision.

Our email is di.tony at exemail.com.au

Thanks

Di

Archived