Santorini Smart Buses?

cruisemontreal

Has anyone had the chance to use them yet? We're leaving next week and had a poster on our roll call find out about them, seem pretty cool but not sure how much of the day it would take up if we decided to do the "purple line" which is a smart cruise. All very new to me, any advice is appriciated :D

http://www.eueueu.com/Downloads/greece.pdf

Looks like about 3 hours to do the "purple line" with transport.

They look interesting and I like their info on each village (best I've found); however, I think we may be able to do it cheaper with local bus service. I'll have to ponder it and do more research since I can't seem to quickly find the SmartBus timetable.

My gut tells me local bus it for the yellow, red, orange lines --- but may make sense for the purple cruise option.

Prices seem very resonable! I think we'll be trying just the purple line @13 EURO and do the 3 hour mini cruise tour, then stroll around for the rest of the day. I'll certainly report back here with details of how efficient the whole thing was ;) We leave on RCCL BOS in 6 days!!!

• 4 months later...
Has anyone had the chance to use them yet? We're leaving next week and had a poster on our roll call find out about them, seem pretty cool but not sure how much of the day it would take up if we decided to do the "purple line" which is a smart cruise. All very new to me, any advice is appriciated :D

http://www.eueueu.com/Downloads/greece.pdf

they do not run...

At first glance this seems like a great service that has long been needed on Santorini. However, what is not said in the long brochure is the frequency of the buses. Since their bus lines are very ambitious and cover much of the island I cannot help but wonder if this is a situation where you can waste several hours waiting for buses. The normal Santorini bus service leaves much to be desired regarding frequency (even buses between Fira and Oia can be 1 1/2 hours apart) and we would hope this new service is not following a similar "lack of service" blueprint.

Hank

• 4 weeks later...

Archived